Hi, I have a Squier Jagmaster (don't knock it till you have tried it) and i want to change the pickups to seymour duncan invaders, my question is does anyone know how many wires the jagmaster pickups have and how many wires the invader's have?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. if they are different numbers what do i need to do to make the invader work correctly?

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

yours has two
the invaders probably have 4(maby a 5th ground), 2 get soldered together leaving two others to go where the stock wires went

edit: wiring diagram
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jan 15, 2009,
Invaders definately have 5 (4 colored leads and one braided ground) And on SD's the two that are wired together are usually red and white I believe.
Thanks for that should help alot! Sorry about the double post i believe its because i changed the title name.

Quote by justinb904
yours has two the invaders probably have 4(maby a 5th ground), 2 get soldered together leaving two others to go where the stock wires went

If this is right and yours has 2 wires (hot & ground) then on the Duncans the red & white wires get soldered together and taped off. The green and bare wires get soldered to the back of the pot and the black wire is your hot wire. You should be able to figure out where it goes by looking at the factory wiring of your guitar. I say that because the hot can go different places depending on what configuration you're using. If you have any problems post back here and we'll try to help you.
Thanks all and ZakkWyldeFan79 i will contact you if i need more help although it will be a few months before i can afford the pickups. all.

I am currently installing the pickups so thanks for the help guys will post here telling how it went.