Quote by Salo666
what is it pop-punk?????!!!!!!

I dunno, it just doesn't really have specific genre, because it's so generic. I was thinking more like "When You Were Young" than anything....

anyways, while you're here, mind listening to it?
Last edited by herby190 at Jan 15, 2009,
It sounds like.......................................bass.

I'm no bass expert so I can't really judge. But try and get rid of that buzzing in the recording and clean up the playing a bit.

Sounds Good other than that

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I'll review as i listen, first off the buzzing, but its not your fault a lot of people have bad recording equipment and not the best amps.
For the genre its pretty decent, should work with a click track so you can keep the tempo even, a few flubs here and there, general idea works well with the genre though, I would personally switch up a few of the changes to make them sound more smooth, some sound kinda out, but overall its not bad, I would love to hear this with some extra accompaniment. Spend a little more time working on it and it will be great. If you want to do an online sort of recording jam, send over the changes and I can add some parts for you if you want.
Last edited by khalil1220 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by khalil1220
I'll review as i listen, first off the buzzing, but its not your fault a lot of people have bad recording equipment and not the best amps.
For the genre its pretty decent, should work with a click track so you can keep the tempo even, a few flubs here and there, general idea works well with the genre though, I would personally switch up a few of the changes to make them sound more smooth, some sound kinda out, but overall its not bad, I would love to hear this with some extra accompaniment. Spend a little more time working on it and it will be great. If you want to do an online sort of recording jam, send over the changes and I can add some parts for you if you want.

Yeah, I was recording it off a digital camera :/. I just wrote in the bridges because otherwise I almost fell asleep playing it, so I couldn't imagine listening to it without. If I can get a good recording, I'll send it your way. Thanks for the review.
Btw, I've been trying to get a friend to lend me his metronome, but so far, no luck. Do you know anywhere where I could just get a recording of one steadily, so I could just play it through the CD input with my MP3 player?
Quote by herby190
Yeah, I was recording it off a digital camera :/. I just wrote in the bridges because otherwise I almost fell asleep playing it, so I couldn't imagine listening to it without. If I can get a good recording, I'll send it your way. Thanks for the review.
Btw, I've been trying to get a friend to lend me his metronome, but so far, no luck. Do you know anywhere where I could just get a recording of one steadily, so I could just play it through the CD input with my MP3 player?

Audacity has a built in click track, you could use that. There are a bunch of free metronomes online too.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Audacity has a built in click track, you could use that. There are a bunch of free metronomes online too.

Okay, cool, thanks. The problem is, I can't play by my computer; I need one I can put on my MP3 player...
Last edited by herby190 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by herby190
Okay, cool, thanks. The problem is, I can't play by my computer; I need one I can put on my MP3 player...

I don't know then because you would need a different track for different BPM.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I don't know then because you would need a different track for different BPM.

Nvm, I found a way. I just make them in Audacity, convert it to MP3, and put it on my MP3 player. I'm gonna have to keep getting a new one all the time, but oh well..
I dont know how I managed to listen to the whole thing. For one, I hate pop-punk. For two, it was so bland it wasn't even funny. You hit a few notes in a row and played the most simple bassline I've heard. Do something different with the bass if your going to post just you playing the bass. I suppose if this was in a song it would be more bareable as the bass is usually used for rhythm, but still. Its not doing anything.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
I dont know how I managed to listen to the whole thing. For one, I hate pop-punk. For two, it was so bland it wasn't even funny. You hit a few notes in a row and played the most simple bassline I've heard. Do something different with the bass if your going to post just you playing the bass. I suppose if this was in a song it would be more bareable as the bass is usually used for rhythm, but still. Its not doing anything.

I realize it's boring. It's just the rhythm. I just wanted to get a good rhythm down before I show it to my guitarist...