I went to radio shack and got a piezo buzzer and a 1/4th input jack. Broke the hell out of the casing to get the piezo piece out of the buzzer, soldered the wires to the jack and made a mic.

Works great.

One problem.

I can't attach the mic to the body of my guitar well enough to transfer all the vibrations. I only get trebly stuff unless I actually hold the mic to the guitar. Holding the mic obviously requires one hand.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to attach my mic? I'm eventually going to put it under the bridge inside the guitar, but I just want it on the outside now.
Also, how do you take out the strap button on acoustics? Mines some plastic crap thing.

Thanks for any help.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I use tape, it works pretty well. A lot of people use hot glue but every time I've tried that it's dried before I got it placed where ever I wanted it in the guitar. And the strap button should only be fastened by a screw, so...unscrew it.
Mine isn't screwed in which is what sucks.

And tape doesn't get a strong enough hold to the guitar.

Hot glue sounds interesting.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Tape doesn't work. I'm looking for something other than tape, I mean, how are piezo pickups normally attached?

Besides. Duct tape leaves a nasty residue.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Normally stuck under the bridge, but you know this.

Other than that, they sometimes come with a weird tacky substance on one side. It sticks to the guitar. I don't know what it is, but I'd try athletic tape. It works fine for me.
Yeah, I'm gonna suck it up and make another one for my other guitar and just stick it under the bridge. Thanks for the replies though.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Tape doesn't work. I'm looking for something other than tape, I mean, how are piezo pickups normally attached?

Besides. Duct tape leaves a nasty residue.

What's it matter if the duct tape leave a residue on the inside of you're guitar, glues a nice option, some sort of apoxy, elmers glue, not super glue cause odd are you're going to have to take the pickup back out some day for one reason or another. If you're strap button doesn't have a screw then that means it's probably glued in there, you'll have to knock it out somehow. Take a chisel or flathead screwdriver and lightly tap each side of it till it feals loose then pull it out. If that doesn't work then I don't know...
I assume youre installing it in an acoustic.

If I were you I tried installing it inside the guitar, pushing it against the top of the guitar with some kind of small wooden ribbon.

By experience, the best way to enhace the freq response is having it compresed, far better than just sticking it.

Let me draw it to explain better cos my english sucks late at night (late here):

Use some kind of wood stick and sand it until it fits properly. You just need contact with the guitar and both sides of the piezo

Dimensions in the drawing are weird, just to make it easier to see!
Attachments:
sdfsd.JPG
Quote by bazuriya
I assume youre installing it in an acoustic.

If I were you I tried installing it inside the guitar, pushing it against the top of the guitar with some kind of small wooden ribbon.

By experience, the best way to enhace the freq response is having it compresed, far better than just sticking it.

Let me draw it to explain better cos my english sucks late at night (late here):

Use some kind of wood stick and sand it until it fits properly. You just need contact with the guitar and both sides of the piezo

Dimensions in the drawing are weird, just to make it easier to see!

That is an excellent idea. Does it do anything to the resonance of the guitar? Could I use a dowel rod maybe?

Right now I compress it by taping a wooden bow over top of it that bends and applies pressure.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Id try and see pros and cons.
I dont think that could make much effect on the resonance.

I dunno much about acoustics, but I think theres some kind of rod like that installed inside for resonance purposes, I just dont know how is it called in english. ( I know nothingggg!)

Try it and let me know if it works!