Hey guys, I've been playing bass for quite an amount of time now and I've been looking into buying a Five stringed bass. I told my friend of this and he (Being a drummer ) told me of a certain 5 stringed bass he owned. I asked him about it and he showed me pictures. From what I could discern it looked like a Yamaha RBX bass shape (With same style pups). It certainly isn't a Yamaha though, as the Headstock had the word "WOLF" written on it.

He is offering me it for £100 (Which I can comfortably afford right now). I have no experience with this brand of bass and I don't want to buy a Bass I've never heard of before. I played it once and it seemed like quite a nice guitar but I would like some feedback from the guys here.

Thanks .
Quote by badgerific
Why does it matter if its a well heard of bass or not, if it's nice to play and sounds good buy it, if not don't.

I played it without an amp. I don't want to buy it only to find out the Neck will warp a few weeks down the line, or that other problems may occur.
Quote by badgerific
Ask him if you can borrow it for a week to try it out before you buy it if your good enough friends.

I may just do that. Thanks for the idea.
If it works for you after a week...

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by slap-a-bass
100 dollars is pretty cheap for a bass if that thing is any good at all i recommend it

146.42 dollars

Was it similar to this? Looks like a good brand to me. I'd go for it.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
146.42 dollars

Was it similar to this? Looks like a good brand to me. I'd go for it.

Yeah, it's that make and looks like the same shape, although it has a Black body and Fender P style pick-ups.

He's agreed to let me have it for a week so I'll tell you guys how it turns out

Peace.