Just got back from the technician with my new guitar, its the Washburn WI66v Pro I've been raving about.
At the tech, I had him restring the guitar with 11s, do a setup, and add in a killswitch. Cost about £191 to buy, and £73 for the tech (This also included fretboard repair and pickup repair). Killer deal.
I've got pics, so don't worry.

Specs:
Mahogany body and mahogany set-neck
22 jumbo frets on a 24.75" scale length. I think their jumbo frets at least.
Rosewood fretboard.
Cream Binding
Transparent Blue finish over a quilted maple top.
Two master volume
Two VCC pots. This is pretty cool. Like a coil-split, but in a knob. Turn it to 0, and it gets gradually more single-coil. To 10 it gets humbuckerish. Doesn't work as well as a coil-splt, but I like the versatility.
Killswitch.
Tremolo tail-piece.

Sorry if the pictures are too big, or if you can't see them
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
kool
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
1. Do those pickups say "shanking elvis" or is that just the light?

2. Pretty. How's it sound?

3. Killswitch? Lucky bastard...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
1. Do those pickups say "shanking elvis" or is that just the light?

2. Pretty. How's it sound?

3. Killswitch? Lucky bastard...

Every Les Paul has a killswitch. just turn of one pick up and toggle.

They aren't as rare as people thing they are.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
You do know that killswitches are stupid on guitars with seperate controls for the pick-ups?

why does it matter? its his guitar.

heck, if i had a 4 pot set up like that and needed a kill switch id probably get a standalone switch like that just so i dont wear out the toggle for the pickups.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Looks nice =]
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by conor1148

heck, if i had a 4 pot set up like that and needed a kill switch id probably get a standalone switch like that just so i dont wear out the toggle for the pickups.

It matters because it wasn't really a smart move and the killswitch is in a very bad place on the guitar.

Whatever, OP, have fun.
Quote by conor1148

Exactly. Using the toggleswitch first of all doesn't go as fast as the button, it's louder (If people are close up to you), and it wears out the wires and whatnot.

Oh, and the tremolo isn't as bad is I thought it would be. Thanks to Grover locking tuners and the Buzz Feiten Tuning system (which I don't fully comprehend, but it helps the guitar stay in tune), the guitar only goes out of tune with at least a full straight hour of whammy abuse, not just use, but abuse. It works really well.
it's all coming back

sweet! i didn't realise they came in blue... or with a trem...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet! i didn't realise they came in blue... or with a trem...

None of the new models do. I was really lucky to find this one, because they've become somewhat rare.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
Exactly. Using the toggleswitch first of all doesn't go as fast as the button, it's louder (If people are close up to you), and it wears out the wires and whatnot.

Oh, and the tremolo isn't as bad is I thought it would be. Thanks to Grover locking tuners and the Buzz Feiten Tuning system (which I don't fully comprehend, but it helps the guitar stay in tune), the guitar only goes out of tune with at least a full straight hour of whammy abuse, not just use, but abuse. It works really well.

the buzz feitin system doesnt keep your guitar in tune when you are using the whammy bar. what it does do is address the guitars inherent tuning issues so when you tune it, it is in tune with itself. i.e. when you tune your guitar normally and then play an E major chord it sounds fine but if you move up 12 frets and play the same chord as a barre it will more than likely be out of tune, even if your guitar is properly intonated. it is this tuning problem that the buzz feitin system works on, not holding tune after you have done a load of dive bombs.

dunc
Thank you please.
why did you get the killswitch installed there? i mean right between the knobs.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Regarding the Buzz Feiten. Oh. I must have misunderstood it then. :P It does tune might fine though. :P

Regarding the killswitch. I didn't want to route and drill out of the control cavity so it would be in a more accesible position, and it is much more comfortable than it looks when its between the knobs.

Washburns FTW, they are awesome.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
None of the new models do. I was really lucky to find this one, because they've become somewhat rare.

oh, ok. i didn't know the older models came with a trem either, you must have got a pretty rare one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I haven't seen any of them around. I'm so glad I got this.
It plays light a beast as well. And sounds awesome.

Just an update on what I've noticed.
The pickups have a really really great sounding clean, like the best I've heard, but they tend to get a bit muddled and scratchy almost on distortion, so I'll be trading them out soon.
it's all coming back

You should have had the tech scrap the VCC while he was at it too.

And I am with others about the killswitch, I don't get it. And using the toggle as a killswitch doesn't "wear out the wires" The wires aren't moving parts. Well, the toggle that comes in those is pretty loud and crappy. But a decent toggle goes a long way.
Since this thread has been necroposted, I might as well give updates.
So I replaced the stock pickups with a Rockmonkey Silverback in the neck, and a Rockmonkey custom 'Super Distortion' in bridge. I crapped the wiring so bad, and I couldn't find diagrams on the VCC, so I just am now working on installing coil split tone knobs. Pity, cause series/parallel blend pots are awesome.
And eurotrashed, it craps out the soldering and the electronic circuitry.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
Just got back from the technician with my new guitar, its the Washburn WI66v Pro I've been raving about.
At the tech, I had him restring the guitar with 11s, do a setup, and add in a killswitch. Cost about £191 to buy, and £73 for the tech (This also included fretboard repair and pickup repair). Killer deal.
I've got pics, so don't worry.

Specs:
Mahogany body and mahogany set-neck
22 jumbo frets on a 24.75" scale length. I think their jumbo frets at least.
Rosewood fretboard.
Cream Binding
Transparent Blue finish over a quilted maple top.
Two master volume
Two VCC pots. This is pretty cool. Like a coil-split, but in a knob. Turn it to 0, and it gets gradually more single-coil. To 10 it gets humbuckerish. Doesn't work as well as a coil-splt, but I like the versatility.
Killswitch.
Tremolo tail-piece.

Sorry if the pictures are too big, or if you can't see them

Oh my god.... that guitar is amazing. I played one at GC and it was like butter.
Is it just me or is teh killswitch in an awkward position?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
It looks like it is, but it's actually surprisingly comfortable.
it's all coming back