Picking and correct strumming (loose wrist)

After that, Palm muting and left hand muting.

After that pull offs and hammeron's (small legato lines on 1 string)

This will keep you occupied for a while.

You can find info on all these techniques in the signature of "freepower"; http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Freepower/

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 15, 2009,
It depends, what style guitar do you want to play? Do you want to play some classic rock? Then everything above would help. If you want to learn metal, then work on alternate picking and straight downpicking. Wanna jam out some "campfire songs" Then your chords and strumming are very important.
Im a little more advanced than that. I can tremolo pick, tap, and can even shred a little.
Well how about sweep picking? That seems like a good techinque to work on. And another good technique is finger picking.
Quote by tele432
Well how about sweep picking? That seems like a good techinque to work on. And another good technique is finger picking.

Thanks.
How bout bends and a nice vibrato.. I have met great players that lack a nice vibrato it irritates me..
Quote by dude9521
Im a little more advanced than that. I can tremolo pick, tap, and can even shred a little.

I'm not trying to be an arsehole, but you're not very good at the techniques you already claim to know.

Don't try to be too advanced after 6 months. From what i can hear from the song on your profile your have a lot of potential though, and although your technique sounds sloppy, there's an awful lot there to work with. Slow it down, clean it up, and above all, have patience. Follow this and this time next year you'll be starting to sound pretty good Just remember the key to being 'good' isn't speed, showing off or how many techniques you know. Playing cleanly is.