EDIT: just checked the Ibanez website... honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. I mean, it's nice to see new colors and some reissues, but they didn't really bring much this year.
http://www.ibanez.com/new/products.aspx?cat=eg
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 15, 2009,
That lavender (?) color looks pretty nice.I wish the green color was darker and more vivid though,because if it was it'd win hands down IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I know I shouldn't have expected much, but they really got my hopes up this year...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Wow, those are the most boring and generic superstrats that I've evers seen.

They're not boring compared to last year's colors... and at least they don't steal the *exact* super-strat design like other companies I will not mention in this thread.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
They're not boring compared to last year's colors... and at least they don't steal the *exact* super-strat design like other companies I will not mention in this thread.

They look like retarded Hellraisers.
Quote by aznrockerdude
I know I shouldn't have expected much, but they really got my hopes up this year...

That's one of my issues with Ibanez.I wish they'd go big and use nice quilt maple tops and deep dyed finishes more often.I'd faint if I ever saw an RG or S series with an edge pro and a deep emerald green quilt top with blackburst edges.I'm tired of the gimmicky finishes they use on their affordable models like the spider web and ice patterned RGs.

That's funny because I've always thought the hellraiser looks like a retarded hellraiser.I'm not saying they don't play or sound nice,which they kinda do,but the excessive abalone and faggy gothic cross inlays kinda ruin it for me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

To each on his own... I don't really see the similarity.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I want the 7321 in red. The chameleon rg6 looks nice too, but i want the 7!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
the most fail 2009 line up is bc rich. The new guitars look like suck and have sucky hardware. suck suck suck
Quote by BackDoorEntryV2
the most fail 2009 line up is bc rich. The new guitars look like suck and have sucky hardware. suck suck suck

The Mockingbirds have gotten nicer.
bah, do all guitar companies photoshop their pictures these days? they're never going to look like that.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
So they have new stuff on the site (I'm actually psyched about a couple of the new things), when can you start buying the new gear?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
The Mockingbirds have gotten nicer.

True.Out of the entire line up in the BC '09 thread that was posted here a little while ago the only ones that caught my eye were the new MB models.It was like Hmmm ridiculous shape,ridiculous shape,ridiculous shape......wait....is that a MB with a sweet sunburst QM top!?

Quote by JWD32792
So they have new stuff on the site (I'm actually psyched about a couple of the new things), when can you start buying the new gear?

I don't know, NAMM has just started...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Pr0gNut
True.Out of the entire line up in the BC '09 thread that was posted here a little while ago the only ones that caught my eye were the new MB models.It was like Hmmm ridiculous shape,ridiculous shape,ridiculous shape......wait....is that a MB with a sweet sunburst QM top!?

I'm gonna have to get me one of those exotic MBs sometime in my life
Quote by BackDoorEntryV2

Shows what you know, last year's line up was a big turn around for the better in BC Rich's quality. In fact seeing as you're an 09'er I'm probably not far off from guessing you know jack **** and the BC Rich line up probably got better this year.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Shows what you know, last year's line up was a big turn around for the better in BC Rich's quality. In fact seeing as you're an 09'er I'm probably not far off from guessing you know jack **** and the BC Rich line up probably got better this year.

That reminds me, I haven't seen a newer Gunslinger anywhere (online and locally).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I'm gonna have to get me one of those exotic MBs sometime in my life

I'm waiting to see the price on them.If BC makes an affordable 7 string MB with an OFR and nice pups then I will have no other choice but to buy the sucker haha.

The red one looks nice, but I'll stick with my guitar’s solid black color scheme.

The teal one just looks... bad.
Quote by Wakisazhi

LOL dude my other account got banned hence "V2" at the end of my name...
I know ALOT about bc rich, this year is fail. If you want to argue and look like an idiot, be my guest.
Quote by aznrockerdude
That reminds me, I haven't seen a newer Gunslinger anywhere (online and locally).

I though I saw it on musiciansfriend but I haven't really looked into it.

And just checked out the 09 BC Richs, besides the low end (which is always a given since BC Rich low ends ARE ALWAYS CRAP) the rest of the stuff is a great improvement on their high end stuff even the quirky bastard shapes (the eagle and seagull) look great. And yeah the new Mockingbirds look fantastic especially the Mockingbird ST since it's practically hide's signature guitar but with those ebony stringers in the body, an ofr floyd (which is a very nice touch), no sustainer, and the finish is quilted instead of flame.

Dare to compare: http://fernandes.co.jp/products/musician/img/hide/mg340x_cs.html
Last edited by Wakisazhi at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Wakisazhi

You can't judge a users knowledge by their join date. It's like the second you get a guitar you find UG and sign up.
For all we know he could be Number 7 of Slipknot.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
You can't judge a users knowledge by their join date. It's like the second you get a guitar you find UG and sign up.
For all we know he could be Number 7 of Slipknot.

True but most of the time the correlation goes the more recent they joined its most likely they don't know as much compared to someone who joined a year before or more since they're more than likely to have at least learned something here or at least picked up something if they keep active in the forum.
Quote by Wakisazhi
True but most of the time the correlation goes the more recent they joined its most likely they don't know as much compared to someone who joined a year before or more since they're more than likely to have at least learned something here or at least picked up something if they keep active in the forum.

But that isn't always true so let's not generalise.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
But that isn't always true so let's not generalise.

+1

nice to see some sense around here!
It looks like someone got a bit trigger-happy with the saturation/hue on photoshop.
The destroyer have real dimarzios. Didn't know that, but the purple reverse headstock RG looks like a good backup or different tunings guitar for me. Why did they discontinue the RGA121? Now I'm stuck with buying their more expensive flame top one, which I won't
Quote by Paroxysm
The destroyer have real dimarzios. Didn't know that, but the purple reverse headstock RG looks like a good backup or different tunings guitar for me. Why did they discontinue the RGA121? Now I'm stuck with buying their more expensive flame top one, which I won't

And the budget model RGA is built in Indonesia.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^ +17

That guitar doesn't photograph very well, but as someone who's seen it in person I can say without the smallest amount of hesitation that is imho the best looking PGM. It got more "oohs" then the fireman when I saw Paul at the House of Blues last year.