What's the difference between a 60W head and a 100W head? If I got a 60W head, what Watt cab would I need? Same with the 100W?
Check the stickies.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
it's 60 watt RMS and 100 watt RMS. 100 watt is more powerful and louder.

If it's solid state the 100 watt will have more clean headroom and be able to get louder before distorting than the 60watt. you will need a cab that at least matchs the wattage or the head, i recommend a cab that's like 200watt or more, it allows you to get more tone and so you can push your head a bit more.

Same applies for the 60 and 100 if it was tube, except they're far louder than solid states. Except they'll be going into overdrive instead of distorting.

I think.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by Natalie105
Is there any difference in tone?

I'm asuming you are talking about tube amps in this thread.
Generally there won't be any difference in tone (if the 2 heads are the same model), the only difference is headroom. Meaning that the 60W will go into overdrive sooner than the 100W (both on clean and dirty channels) then it just comes down to preference, either you want to get overdrive sooner at slightly lower volumes or you want to be able to turn the amp up loud without it getting overdriven.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15