My Ibanez rgt42dx was pissing me off with the floating bridge so i decided to sell it and now i don't know which guitar i should get.

I mostly play metal so most of the guitars that i like have 24 frets. I would also like a neck-threw since the bolt on necks dont let me reach the higher frets that well. And a guitar that doesn't have a floating bridge.

My budget is 600-850

Thanks.
ive got that same ibanez, hated the bridge on it.
why dont you just block it off?
Schecter guitars are your best bet. C1 Hellraiser is an amazing guitar for such a low price. If you don't like the thick neck, then check out the Jackson SLSMG, SLS3, and SL3 soloist. the SL3 is an h/s/s guitar and the others are both h/h.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by ginjaninja
What amp do you have, and any preferred/not preferred body shapes?

I have a Line 6 spider III, it's my first amp ever since 2 1/2 years ago if you could reccomend me a good amp for just the room and not gigging i'd appreciate it.

Quote by tom708
ive got that same ibanez, hated the bridge on it.
why dont you just block it off?

I have no idea how to block it off, would i have to go through the hassle of tuning it after its blocked?
Quote by Insicion
I have a Line 6 spider III, it's my first amp ever since 2 1/2 years ago if you could reccomend me a good amp for just the room and not gigging i'd appreciate it.

I have no idea how to block it off, would i have to go through the hassle of tuning it after its blocked?

you'd have to re-set it but.. whats the hassle with that? if you're taking being a guitarist seriously you'll need to learn how to set-up a guitar and re-string it sooner or later, why not do it now?

blocking off the floating bridge might not be the easiest of begginers task, so i'd either find somone with a brain to help you out, and read a tutorial - or find a local repair shop thats of a decent standard.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005