Piece i've been working on with a friend. I've actually already posted this, but with only the guitar tracks, now i've added bass, drums and piano.

Please ignore the first 20 or so bars, and also the drums, as I do not play drums and so do not really know how to write them.

C4C obviously.

Edit; nearly forgot, please also ignore the terrible solo.
Attachments:
drums2.zip
Last edited by lukephillips000 at Jan 15, 2009,
ok I'd listen if there was a link or is it one of the ones in the sig, if so which one?
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
First, If you're going to rip off Opeth, do it more discreetly. [a lot of the acoustic parts are straight from Opeth]

Also, the outro sounds lifted from something. I dont know what right now, but I've definitely heard it before.

Aside from that, it sounded like you were trying too hard to be 'prog' and throwing acoustic breaks, regardless of whether it makes sense to or not. It has no direction, and while the chorus was actually good, it cant be a chorus if you only use it once.
Quote by Burning_Angel
First, If you're going to rip off Opeth, do it more discreetly. [a lot of the acoustic parts are straight from Opeth]

Which Opeth songs do they sound like? I tried to make sure that I was just sounding like them, not actually stealing anything.