hey guys my band is in the studio and my singer likes to sing in a low pitch voice but it sounds boring and he says his high pitch voice sucks cause he think it sounds whinny.

got any suggestions. we cant kick him out cause we are already in the studio. plz help.
vocal teacher?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by dmiwshicldply
you didnt figure out that you didnt like his voice BEFORE the studio?

+1

remember your always your worse critic. tell him he sounds good(if he does obviously) and to just do it. or make him pay for wasted studio time
Well that's what you get for having a singer with free will. You should just buy a slave and whip him if he doesn't sing how you want him to.
Quote by dmiwshicldply
you didnt figure out that you didnt like his voice BEFORE the studio?

and another +1...

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
what's wrong with singing really low? Just pan the guitars hard left and right, and put him right there in the middle, and you should be okay. Make sure he's loud too.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
we've been working with him for last couple days and we turned his low voice into a some what rock voice. still working on it. we still got like 5 more hours in studio so no worrys.