Ok so i have this weird lump thing on my hand, its where the bottom of my ring finger meets my palm, right in the joint, i dont know what it is. its on my left hand, my fretting hand, so i think i got it from playing bass and guitar, any ideas what it could be? im sure its not hard skin anyway, i think.
AIDS?????get that check out my friend
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
You have genital warts and it finally spread to your hand.
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Nice replies. Is this The Pit? No.

In all honesty, I have no idea what it could be.. is it painful?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by metalisbest
You have genital warts and it finally spread to your hand.

effects of masturbation when you have genital warts possibly???
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Yeah really, where did all these pit kids come from? They all swarmed in on this one thread....

The thing I had felt like a part of my bone was sticking out and it eventually went away over time...nothing to worry about.

Id still get it checked out though.
is it a callus?

"A callus (or callosity) is an especially toughened area of skin which has become relatively thick and hard as a response to repeated contact or pressure. In botany, the term is also used to announce a condition of thickened surfaces of leaves or other plant parts. Since repeated contact is required, calluses are most often found on hands or feet. Calluses are generally not harmful, but may sometimes lead to other problems, such as infection."

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Could it be from excessive down picking with bad technique?

Edit: I misread where you said it was. It seems like it must be unrelated tho. I can't really see where playing guitar or bass could give you such an affliction.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Last edited by slaptasticdave at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by shinhoman
is it a callus?

"A callus (or callosity) is an especially toughened area of skin which has become relatively thick and hard as a response to repeated contact or pressure. In botany, the term is also used to announce a condition of thickened surfaces of leaves or other plant parts. Since repeated contact is required, calluses are most often found on hands or feet. Calluses are generally not harmful, but may sometimes lead to other problems, such as infection."

x

Uh no. It's not a callus. Or at least from TS's description, I'd have a hard time believing it's a callus.
Also, nice job copying and pasting the definition of a callus from wikipedia.
does it hurt?

if it does it is most likely a ganglion cyst, i had one on the back of my fretting wrist.
trip to the doctor will get you fixed up.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by mrbiscuits315
It's called a knuckle.

Win.

Anyways, this is bass forum, if you want help, go seek a physician.

But, while you're at it, put this in The Pit, I wanna see the replies.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by forstringwonder
does it hurt?

if it does it is most likely a ganglion cyst, i had one on the back of my fretting wrist.
trip to the doctor will get you fixed up.

I had one of those same place. I was fine playing, but i couldn't lift weights or anything like that. They drained it but it didn't do crap, so i had surgery. Doctor said wait at least 2 weeks to play. I played a little the next day and played through a full practice 4 days later.