NOTE: only if you own a spider I II or III amp, if not dont bother talking trash about it, although its brought up every two minutes it seems, no one ever seems to actually talk about their spiders, give their likes and dislikes about them, instead they only say theyre "a worthles pile of cow crap" or worse, or they just say that "theyre great", they never seem to say whatd good or bad about them, so just talk about youre spider III or spider II or even your spider, say what you think of them and what you like and dislike about them, just explain what that is you like or dont like thanks
i think by now everyone thinks that good <30w, most people hate it 75 watts and above.

We don't need another thread

Edit: at the end of the day it comes down to the personal taste of the individual. I really liked the 15w for the hour that i played it
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Jan 15, 2009,
ah this is going to be a flame fest. i don't mind spiders. comparatively speaking they suck. but if you get one for free and have no other amp, might as well use it.
well....my teratula is a male fully grown and feeds on many other insects...hows ur spider doin???
in all seriousness i got a 75 watt its okay i was supposed to get the 120 though
it has some good effects but its definatly not the best amp ive heard but its good if ur not serious about gigging
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by splamron
i think by now everyone thinks that good <30w, most people hate it 75 watts and above.

We don't need another thread

Nonetheless, out of boredom I will reply.

To sum up my feelings about my spider 3 30 watt, I enjoy using it in practice and during rehearsals with my former band, but I'm really looking for something less digital to play live.

Pros: fun to mess with, good straight up clean sound (with my SSS strat anyway), many nice and creative solo tones can be achieved under the insane model, can save presets for later use, footswitchable channels and a usable wah (with the FBV pedal)

Cons: turning the volume past 5ish only makes it more trebly,
-the crunch channel is poor (at least with single coils),
-nowhere on the amp can u dial in an "overdriven tone",
-you really only get distortion (it's solid state though so go figure),
-the palm muting sounds very poor on crunch and only so so on metal, and even on insane it's fairly muddy

-not really suited for perfomances, but it might fair ok for recording
the clean and crunch channels are pretty sweet, versatile

metal and insane sound like utter crap
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
i have the seventy five what and it's ok. i used to like the crunch channel but i never use it anymore cause it sounds like ****. compared to my friends vox it sucks though, it really made me realize how digital and unorganic the spiders are. i've only had my spider for like 4 months, anyone know if you can trade it in?
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by jimivancobain
i have the seventy five what and it's ok. i used to like the crunch channel but i never use it anymore cause it sounds like ****. compared to my friends vox it sucks though, it really made me realize how digital and unorganic the spiders are. i've only had my spider for like 4 months, anyone know if you can trade it in?

Most stores will probably buy it back, but prepare to sell it at a huge loss.
15 watt FTW...

Of course I use POD farm mostly...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Ok here's a funny story, in my school there are some older kids that are in a really good band, they made a album and everything, but the lead guitarist has a 75w spider III, and while he doesnt really worry about his amp his band mates really do. So they are about to start gigging a lot, and they need to sell the spider so he can get something better. they go up to my friend and start trying to sell him the amp, now im standing behind them and im mouthing to my friend "NO"

my friend then says he's not interested, and the guy in the band preceded to be mad at me. haha, just a short story of me saving my friend of the pain from the spider
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA