I love my Little Big Muff but not so much the mid scoops on it. I searched a little and seen some suggestions to run an OD pedal with it. Any suggestions on what pedal to use? I am pretty much going to a White Stripes sound.
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Good Traders: jdr94 7PlaGues xXMetal-HeadXx applecakes1207
tube screamer
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Your muff scoops the mids? Maybe it's because I have the russian one, but mine explodes them.

But yeah, try a tube screamer.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I had a feeling it would be a TS but just wanted to hear from some others before getting one.

Thanks!
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Good Traders: jdr94 7PlaGues xXMetal-HeadXx applecakes1207
Yeah apparently they have a natural mid boost.

I couldn't tell...didn't play on it long enough.

But the Twin Reverb i played it thru sounded HEAVENLY!
or on the cheap a bad monkey or screamin blues will do the trick, a tubescreamer would be a better investment imo though
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by PixieDust13
get rid of that mini pos... get the bigger big muff...

According to YouTube demos, they sound the same. I can't hear any difference.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by PixieDust13
get rid of that mini pos... get the bigger big muff...

They're the same pedal.

OT: Maybe you just need an EQ.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jan 15, 2009,
maybe its just me, but when i run my ts-9 and Big Muff at the same time, I get some sort of odd clipping noise. Its terrible.
Although I never tried tweaking the settings or anything, because I'm totally happy with the Muff's tone by itself.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I usually run my OD just after the Muff with the gain all the way down and the level to match the level of the Muff, then I usually cut the bass a bit on my OD and it helps the Muff cut through the mix a bit better. Although I am satisfied with the muff on its own, the OD helps create a fuller sound.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}