I lift weights alot. But when i tried deadlifting one day it totally messed up my lower back and ive been feeling much pain for about 1 week. I rested my back during the winter holidays for 2 weeks it didnt feel too bad, but when i went back in the weight room to do some power cleans and squat it reinjured my back. SO i need help what can I do to help my back out? I might wanna see a docotor but for now what can i do?
Anything do with the back, I would go see a doctor, personally, too much risk in it to be honest. A serious back injury can put you out of doing anything for a looong time.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
go to a doctor. last year i did this, but without the weightlifting thing. it sucks terribly, you can't bend down right or anything.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Stop masturbating.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Relax a lot, try to lie down a lot.

I think I have internal bleeding from a shattered rib from a few years ago, completely sheared off, and I got hit there tonight, and I think either my lung or the tissue around it could be cut. I'll probably go to the hospital tomorrow. hurts like a bitch though, breaking them hurts, but actually cutting inside yourself on a pointy bone is so much worse..
When you sleep, sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees. Properly warm up/stretch before you workout; it's something that not a lot of gym rats do, but it will keep you injury free.

Also, start wearing a belt with all of your major weighted movements like shrugs, deadlifts, squats, etc etc.
come visit me im a profesional massage therapist......
*looks left**looks right*
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by JewMasatFlex
When you sleep, sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees. Properly warm up/stretch before you workout; it's something that not a lot of gym rats do, but it will keep you injury free.

Also, start wearing a belt with all of your major weighted movements like shrugs, deadlifts, squats, etc etc.

I do wear a belt on everything i do. But i dont see how it helps
See a doctor.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Going to a doctor certainly won't hurt. Other than that, rest it til it is completely better, then rest it for at least another week, preferably two, because when it feels ok its still repairing and is still weaker than normal, if you go back to training too soon you just re-injure it. Believe me - been there before
It could be you Sciatic nerve, it's like a pinching in your lower back, but it becomes a really broad pain, it usually lasts 1 - 2 days, rest helps.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
I had the same thing happen when I was lifting too. I threw out my left lower back and stood at an angle for a week, was also in bed for about 4 days because I couldn't walk due to pulling my sciatic nerve at the same time. Went to the doctor, received some anti-inflammatory medicine and muscle relaxers, was better in a week or so.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Trefellin
Have breast reduction surgery.

yeah i had this. It helps

maybe dont lift.. and get to a doctor and chairopracter.(sp?)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

It's funny you ask this question, because I'm just on the end of my recovery period from a serious back injury.

First off, I'd recommend you go to a licensed doctor so that he can properly diagnose you. When you ask the Pit for medical advice, you get Pit advice....And that's all I have to say about that.

Now, I ask, does it hurt to lie down for extended periods of time? Like, do you wake up in the morning with very 'intense' pain in a particular portion of your back?

Also, when you first injured it, was it an immediate pain that stayed active for at least a day? Or did it develop over a period of time?

And lastly, but most importantly, do you notice an numbness or tingling in your extremeties? Namely your feet and toes.

It's possible that you may have a herniated disc, or even a bulging disc. Both of which are excruciatingly painful. My injury that I mentioned before was a herniated disc, BUT I was able to go to therapy (For approximately 2 months) and was able to alleviate all the pain, and I'm on my way to a full recovery.

Again though, I CANNOT stress enough that you need to see a licensed doctor for you problem. I'm just adding my insight and personal story.

Hope you feel better though! Hang in there!

EDIT: Sorry that I forgot to mention, I'm about to head to work for a few hours, so I won't be able to respond immediately. Sorry for the wait!
Last edited by Ryzeke1 at Jan 15, 2009,
Wow, man exact same thing happened to me, I tried deadlifting too much without enough rest in between...

I pooped something in my lower back and I couldn't ditch the pain for a while. I found that laying on your back, propping your knees up like your sitting down and leaning them from side to side helps though. Not only does it stretch your lower back, it just felt like it relieved the pain when I did it. Of course, it's going to be a while before your back to 100 percent. I had to wait about a year before I felt comfortable trying that weight again...
the only medical advice I can give you as an EMT is to go see a doctor, it can be a number of things and it's also dependent on what sort of pain it is and were its centralized. Most back injuries occur in the lumbar region of the back. It can be anything from a slipped disc to a herniated disc to possibly something more serious.
go get some physiotherapy if it continues. i did something very similar and would have had back problems for life if i didnt do physio
MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND LESS TIME ON IT!!

LOLOLOLOL

nah but in all srsness wait till it heals and only do gentle exercises
This will sound bizarre likely but if you are ever doing heavy lifting look straight up at the sky when you are lifting. For some reason this puts your body into the perfect position to lift and it won't cause as much strain/damage.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
IM HERE TO THE MUTHER PHUCKIN' RESCUE

anyway, TS,...

Quote by GraveSs
I lift weights alot. But when i tried deadlifting one day it totally messed up my lower back and ive been feeling much pain for about 1 week. I rested my back during the winter holidays for 2 weeks it didn't feel too bad, but when i went back in the weight room to do some power cleans and squat it reinjured my back. SO i need help what can I do to help my back out? I might wanna see a docotor but for now what can i do?

Basically the best thing to do as of right now, is to not lift anything heavy, or over 20lbs., don't pick things up, rest in a comfortable bed as much as possible, and if you do any sports, STOP DOING THEM until you get to a doctor.

Most likely, your doctor will examine you spine, and if he decides that there is a greater possibility of a real injury, he'll send you for either an X-Ray or MRI. DO NOT PASS THIS UP. If it's as bad as you say, there could be a real problem. You should never mess around with back injuries.

Depending on the doctor, before sending for X-rays, he'll most likely prescribe you Flexaril, Carisoporodol (Soma; a skeletal muscle relaxer), Skelaxin, or Oxycodone 5/500

Edit: also for now, like you originally asked , take either 800mg of Ibuprofen (Advil, [Aleve is made of Naproxen Sodium which is almost the same as Ibuprofen], Motrin, etc.) or Acetaminophen (Tylenol), around 1,000 - 1,200 mg.

In case your thiking OMG thats a lot of miligrams of that he'stryin to kill me!!!

Stop, and think. 2 Extra Strength Tylenol tablets have 650mg each. The lethal dose is 4,000mg, your good bro
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 15, 2009,
Your on your period aren't you?
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝