Trapper33
348 IQ
Hey guys, just wondering what scaling does Gilmour use?
Dave Gilmour
...But Call Me David.
590 IQ
I use the pentatonic exclusively.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Zoso Juan
118 IQ
Pentatonic principally
Fender Stratocaster Highway One
Digitech GNX 4
Laney Lx65R
crimson moon
224 IQ
Quote by Dave Gilmour
I use the pentatonic exclusively.

AWESOME!

David Gilmour is a member on ultimate-guitar .

On topic. Mostly minor/minor pentatonic.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
mercedesisbenz
Cissy Strut
1,292 IQ
they're all right, david gilmour refutes the diatonic scale lol
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Bad_Penny
16 IQ
Nah, you cant get that kind of sound from a simple pentatonic scale. Whatever about using it, he DEFINITELY doesn't use it exclusively. He has actually been known to go beyond scales using modes from way back in the day. His favourite is the Dorian mode.
mercedesisbenz
Cissy Strut
1,292 IQ
Quote by Bad_Penny
Nah, you cant get that kind of sound from a simple pentatonic scale. Whatever about using it, he DEFINITELY doesn't use it exclusively. He has actually been known to go beyond scales using modes from way back in the day. His favourite is the Dorian mode.

lol
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
srvflood
UnRegistered User
457 IQ
There's nothing wrong with using the pentatonic scale, most people just don't know how to use it and sound terrible. Some people (Gilmour) can actually use it well and make amazing music.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Trapper33
348 IQ
Quote by srvflood
There's nothing wrong with using the pentatonic scale, most people just don't know how to use it and sound terrible. Some people (Gilmour) can actually use it well and make amazing music.

Yes i totally agree, i think that talent with a guitar is to often attributed to only speed (dont get me wrong its still impressive), and not to HOW a guitarist uses the notes, i think Gilmour is the greatest for that particular talent
Volta_91
^ = Josh
543 IQ
Dorian.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.