I read on the packaging that if you collect enough D'Addario packets, you can get some free stuff. Does anyone here bother?
D'addario strings suck dude. There's a reason they're one of the cheapest strings on the market...
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I have quite a few saved. I want the coffee table!
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
i collect the little bead ends off of guitar strings... i plan on making a necklace out of them oncei get some more... so far i have about 1/3 of the amount i need
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
D'addario strings suck dude. There's a reason they're one of the cheapest strings on the market...

I like them. None of the other strings I've tried (DR coated and regular, Elixer, Vinnici, Fender) play as well or take as much of a beating before wearing out.

As for the points: I've probably got enough for like 2 shirts. I've just got to remember to send them in.
Sig What?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

I like the d'Adarrios better than anything else I've tried. They sound good even after losing their brightness and they don't grind down your frets like some other do.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

I don't really believe all the bull**** that one set of strings can suck more than the rest.

If I were to restring all your guitars with D'addrios you wouldn't notice donkey doo.
D'addario's are great. I prefer them over Slinkys. But I never noticed the whole packet collecting thing! Thanks for the heads up!
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

Their only problem is fast rusting. They sound and feel awesome.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

most arrogant and uneducated sounding quote i've heard today in here.

I only use D'Adderio srtings on all of my guitars, and i have used them for a LONG time. I <3 my tone
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I don't really believe all the bull**** that one set of strings can suck more than the rest.

If I were to restring all your guitars with D'addrios you wouldn't notice donkey doo.

I beg to differ. There is a difference, albeit a small one that most people wouldn't notice.

Back on topic, no, I don't collect them, I've only bought D'Addario's once.
Considering they are and have been big selling strings for a long time hard to say they arent any good. I use to use em nothing wrong with em just like GHS better now. Most of the stuff ddarrio had for saving their packages wasnt worth sending off for.
****, I just counted all mine up and I have a few hundred points. I might as well order a few stools.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I do, but my strings last for freaking ever so I dont have very many points
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
I do, but my strings last for freaking ever so I dont have very many points

Same here... these things last and last. I can also intonate near perfectly. so close that I'm in tune on all my strings at the Open string, 3rd, 5th, 12th, 15th, 17th frets and 12fret harmonics. I'm sure the other frets are pretty close too but I don't check those. I've never been able to achieve this until very recently.
Last edited by TubeAmpGuy at Jan 16, 2009,
My high e string lasts bout 2-3weeks lol.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Whoa...I never noticed that either. I like Peavey Elements on guitars though, and my D'Addario bass strings aren't being changed anytime soon....no table for me I guess.
Nope, no sig here.
How many points does a pack of strings give. Everything seems really cheap so I might start using D'addario strings again.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

Coming from a guy who plays a BC Rich Bronze Warlock, one of the cheapest and worst guitars on the market, is pretty ironic.
Quote by random_B-RAD
How many points does a pack of strings give. Everything seems really cheap so I might start using D'addario strings again.

3 points.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

YES! THANK YOU SIR!
finally someone who shares my view!
like i said, i use and have used these strings on every one of my guitars, and my tone is quite nice. I think they sound best through Mahogany, not the greatest with Adler but that's IMO.

There is no greatest guitar string brand like mentioned above; it's simply personal taste.

D'adderio strings do however tend to wear out after about 3-5 weeks of playing, for me, but then again, all strings do eventually anyway.

As for the PlayerPoints, i think it's 2 points per regular pack, 3 for Acoustic strings, and I'm not sure for Bass strings. I have about 15 packs saved both electric & acoustic, so i do want to try it.

ONE THING THOUGH!! i have heard that they over-charge you on shipping costs when you send in for these free prizes.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Well, I've been using D'Addario strings on all my guitars for 8 years, and they've always been perfect, both in tone and feel. And I've never broken a single one, and a set lasts me for about 3 months of daily 3-hour playing.

About the points thing, I've never bothered keeping them.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
My strings last about a month and a half.
I play like half an hour on average these days.

(i broke my high e yesterday )
Quote by random_B-RAD

Regular set of 10's is 2 points. This 3 pack of Blues/Jazz Rock 11's I got has 9 points. I can almost afford a crappy hat.

Quote by Mahoru
Well, I've been using D'Addario strings on all my guitars for 8 years, and they've always been perfect, both in tone and feel. And I've never broken a single one, and a set lasts me for about 3 months of daily 3-hour playing.

About the points thing, I've never bothered keeping them.

The only time D'Addario (or any strings) have broke on me is when I didn't restring my first guitar for a year, and one day I lifted it and the high E snapped.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Jan 16, 2009,
both my main guitars are strung with d'addarios, theyve lasted like 3 months which is odd, theyre not really in dire need of being changed now either

tbh i've only really bought rotosounds recently because theyre cheap and you get a free high e.

about the points: i cba with the hastle of saving them
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I just got some packs of the Light Top Heavy bottoms. I got to say I'm impressed. Way better than a set of Not Even Slinkys I had on my Ibanez which I use for Drop C tuning.
Damn, I threw away the packaging for my bass strings, which probably was a load of points...