Im looking to buy a new combo amp for around $1200. I mainly play prog metal and prog rock, so Im looking for an amp with both good cleans and good distortion. Right now im looking at the mesa boogie rect-o-verb, but is there anything else you would recommend?
ENGL Screamer or Thunder.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i know petrucci uses a mesa mark IV, and the mark V coming out could be better if you want to save up some
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The distortion tone Im looking for is something similar to Between The Buried and Me. I looked Into buying the Mark IV combo amp, but I heard that it doesnt produce a sound as heavy as the rectifiers.
Quote by mouse380
it doesnt produce a sound as heavy as the rectifiers.

Bull****.

Lamb of God seems to get enough gainz out of theirs.
Quote by mouse380
The distortion tone Im looking for is something similar to Between The Buried and Me. I looked Into buying the Mark IV combo amp, but I heard that it doesnt produce a sound as heavy as the rectifiers.

Plenty of gain on tap.
I went to between the buried and me last night, Dustie was using 5150 and Paul was using Dual rec. Do you want lead or rhythm tone?
Dustie was also using an overdrive to kick it for 1 song, not sure what brand but it was orange with 4 knobs and said like BB on it, it was a small pedal.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 16, 2009,
mark IV, or a JSX
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by imgooley
Bull****.

Lamb of God seems to get enough gainz out of theirs.

haha, I had no clue the guitarists from Lamb of God use that amp. Then I guess that guy had no clue what he was talking about.
Randall RM50! Have one for sale for cheap. Amazing versitile amp. Or go for a Carvin Legacy nice amp as well.
Quote by Raijouta
ENGL Screamer or Thunder.

+1
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard