what sound card is best to buy for recording on a pc..... full duplex dedicated/multimedia....
???
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I’m not sure about the universe
yeh i was just look at that, the mbox 2. will get it, ive been advised on that for ages but completely forgot bout it. cheers
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I’m not sure about the universe
well yeh i know i cant afford the mega best but round £400 upfront now money then becomes as much as need when saving up.

i heard mbox are good also ive herad beringer do good interfaces's, at the sec im just lookin to use this.....

sm58 > audio interface > inuendo 3
Guitar > boss gt 8 > interface > inuendo 3
or
Guitar > boss gt-8 > marshall el34 100/100 > sm58 > interface > inuendo 3

ive got a alesis 8 track usb mixer with 1k pa, could i use the pa speakers as monitors with the mixer?
Last edited by Slash181 at Jan 16, 2009,
That's a great budget. You'll get a good interface for that. I can't remember... what do you want to record with it? Are you doing full bands, or drums, or just one or two tracks at a time?

cT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
hello again chris, basically we've got the band together now theres 7 of us :S lol all doin our own thing. erm basically i wanna be able to put down decent quality guitar and vocal tracks without latency. maybe advance at some point with the band recording at once but that will be in the near future when doin a proper mix of a demo.

p.s re-edited previous budget answer with wot i might try and do
Quote by Slash181

i heard mbox are good also ive herad beringer do good interfaces's, at the sec im just lookin to use this.....

M-Box are okay, but not as good as the Digi 002/ Digi 003 series. Mind you, each is priced accordingly. But then again.... if you already have almost $2000 invested in software, you're really shooting yourself in the foot by going to ProTools. Behringer is decent, but for your budget, you can do better. (lots of Behringer haters out there, but I'll venture to say that most of it is rhetoric and not based on actual experience with the products...)

Quote by Slash181

ive got a alesis 8 track usb mixer with 1k pa, could i use the pa speakers as monitors with the mixer?

For mixing? No way in the world. For monitoring while you record? Yes, if you're going direct. Otherwise, no. You'll pick up the sound from the PA speakers in the mic that you're recording to, and you'll get phasing... or worse.

For your budget, look at M-Audio stuff. Lots of people like the Presonus gear here, but I have no experience with it.

I'm curious about this one as a possible next purchase for myself. It's pretty close to your budget.
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProFire2626.html

This one is USB2.0, but is measurably cheaper.
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackUltra8R.html

Also check out some MOTU stuff. It's very nice, and there is some stuff of theirs in your price range.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Last edited by axemanchris at Jan 16, 2009,
thank you chris, so your sayin to keep with nuendo and for an audio interface get either digi 002 / 003 problem with them is they dont have xlr mic inputs?

and yeh i was intending to use the mixer for monitoring along with the speakers.
Well, the Digi002/003 series are a bit over your stated budget... by quite a bit, actually. They have 4 XLR inputs and 4 analog inputs along with SPDIF. They are your ProTools option, though. If you already have Nuendo, you don't want to spend more money on getting a ProTools setup. You've spent enough in that department already.

Stay with Nuendo and check out the other links I put... the M-Audio and the MOTU stuff. There's a TC Electronic interface too, but it is a bit out of your price range, though not as expensive as the Digi003.

Nuendo has an excellent monitoring system built right in called 'control room.' It's the same as the one in Cubase. Provided you have the outputs on your interface to handle it, it really does negate the need for a mixer. Any of those units I suggested should do you fine for recording inputs, and sufficient outputs for mix monitoring, and driving headphones for monitoring during tracking.

CT

ah cheers man
just had a look and the M-Audio seems just perfect for me.....the Fast track ultra USB, i can get it for £206 over here.....so maybe the other 200 can got to a new guitar :P ha
or i'll get the MOTU 828mkII and just have £100 spare for new leads ...
Last edited by Slash181 at Jan 18, 2009,
Don't go behringer.

Make sure you can stream all the channels independently.

Google for some reveiws.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
yeh i said behringer originally bcuz of the auto phaser's but yeh i think Chris is right bout either MOTU or M-Audio as they have really good reviews and not too bad on price either. leaves me enough for a bottle of JD or something
the dudes got a $2000 dollar software program and doesnt have the slightest clue as to what to use for an interface???????????????? Why help these pirates?
ive got the software cheap it was like £900
and i do have the slightest idea wot to use for an interface im just ****in askin for people's advice.......extra brains better than one you douche.
now if you dont mind mark Fuuuck OFF

p.s u can speak....fckin callin me a pirate....do you know wot the meanin is?
Last edited by Slash181 at Jan 18, 2009,
yeah and i just might believe you....yeah right. your talking about spending $250 bucks on a interface to use with your $2000 dollar software...ok
you may be able to get a digi 002r for under 400 bucks on ebay.
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by PsychomanZ
yeah and i just might believe you....yeah right. your talking about spending $250 bucks on a interface to use with your $2000 dollar software...ok

no im on about spending upto with the money ive got at the sec which is $800, thats if i spend it at the sec. my 2 weeks i'll have $1600

so before you start judging and prusuming bout what i do take a step back and understand some people have jobs, some people do feel that pirating is pointless.
i want to be able to get the legit stuff by working for it, not get emu's and play stupid pathetic games......i think you know wot im on about, as that is also called pirating you fool.

at the end of the day your one of these people called 'time wasters' in this forum, yeh i may argue a point but youve come into this thread with unwanted comments which are un-usefull. you fail.

i got advised if i was to start building up my equipment there is no point paying £300 for ****ty software and equipment to just waste more money to upgrade further not that far down the line, which yeh okay even if i get thousands of dollars worth of equipment now at some point i will have to upgrade as companys are always updating and bringing out more software, harware, drivers.
but least ive gone out brought something which i know will be with me for quite a while, the same with my gear. i had a choice to get a carlsbro LE 2x12 + reverb. quite a rare amp, not many made. or a marshall el34 100/100 with 1960a cab, even tho the carlsbro would of cost me $600, cheaper than the $2300 i spent on the amp and cab i chose the marshall with the cab as it was more powerful, better sound as its tube and i know it will be with me for a long time.

stop being envious of others just cause you have nothing to show for.

peace

p.s i brought the carlsbro in the end anyway as its got a nice sound and easy to take round when doin small gigs or to my dads studio.

Quote by guitargod5
you may be able to get a digi 002r for under 400 bucks on ebay.

i may look but i rather have it brand new as then i know ive got warranty and its new, the only thing i would go on ebay for would be the mesa boogie triaxis as they are amazing but quite expensive for what they are. even that i could get one for $4000 which is cheap for that.

p.s please no unwanted / un-neccesary post's, or any which are pointing plaugerism.
NO NEED FOR IT.
Last edited by Slash181 at Jan 19, 2009,
yeah ? than why did you purchase nuendo instead of cubase? Alls nuendo has over cubase is video and surround sound (and costs quite a bit more for it). I still say your a pirate.. i dont give a rats ass what you say..you know it,and i know it.
i got nuendo becuase my mate who had it when it first came out advised it and in his personal opinion he felt it was better so he said go for it, my other mate who spends quite alot of time in the studio felt that the summing of nuendo 3 was much better that cubase.
whats your problem, im building a home studio?! starting off from scratch jeeez ive heard some of the recordings from cubase and the band im in now (which used nuendo 3) sounds better ......here you may wanna check em out www.myspace.com/spiritualtimecapsule

i live in a medium sized town near birmingham where theres only a few musicians worth talkin to and the others who are mates we all like recording and goin into the studio havin a pratt about, but the end of the day if we feel nuendo is better for us then wtf, why should we .....just cause everyone else feels.....that cubase is better/any different (when the engine and daws are the same) we should be sheep and follow the trend lol. like you said it has a couple of extra features, thats it.
we use cubase sx3 at the studio over at the old college i used to go to, and i could of picked up a copy easily there but then i would of had to get the codes (or a spare dongle if its the same as nuendo)

i dont see what your problem is for one, even if i was i would admit it and two id tell you to **** off and mind your own buisness but considering i actually brought this and feel strongly about pirating then im gonna stand my ground at this point.

you sir are a douche bag and need to grow up, standard shall i act like you and presume **** bout you, but into ur life and start making accusations for no reason.... your not married, your 32 for christ sake, this is probably why. cuz ur such a douche.
but wait im not gonna judge ya on that, its simple i can see that things dont work out for you, you've got alot of hate in the world, not many friends (or atleast you feel like you do but count em up and you probably dont).
so here, come down from your little pittyful shell of rhode island and we can sort this out. instead of hiding behind ur little pissy screen where you can make all the remarks and allegations you like to actually see what ive got and then see what the **** you say then.

im fed up of your allegations, stupid remarks and contradictive thoughts......why you search for proxys? why you play emulators? why are you such a dick ????

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029562
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18220981#post18220981
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048282
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18157614#post18157614
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18102795#post18102795

I could carry ****in on all day, your a burden to this forum.

youve got one thing wrong about me

im no pirater but im a ****in hacker keep being a burden to people within the forums including me then carry the **** on, cuz ive had it with your pathetic piece of ****!!!!!
im suprised the GM's of this site havnt seen what youve been acting like, putting people off from even asking simple questions instead you just waste space.

piss of back where you came from.
Quote by Slash181
i got nuendo becuase my mate who had it when it first came out advised it and in his personal opinion he felt it was better so he said go for it, my other mate who spends quite alot of time in the studio felt that the summing of nuendo 3 was much better that cubase.

Steinberg freely discloses that Cubase and Nuendo share the same audio engine. The summing is the same.

Quote by Slash181

ive heard some of the recordings from cubase and the band im in now (which used nuendo 3) sounds better ......

Maybe they do, but I wouldn't attribute that to Nuendo vs. Cubase.

Quote by Slash181

you sir are a douche bag and need to grow up, standard shall i act like you and presume **** bout you, but into ur life and start making accusations for no reason.... your not married, your 32 for christ sake, this is probably why. cuz ur such a douche.
but wait im not gonna judge ya on that, its simple i can see that things dont work out for you, ...not many friends (or atleast you feel like you do but count em up and you probably dont). so here, come down from your little pittyful shell of rhode island and we can sort this out. instead of hiding behind ur little pissy screen where you can make all the remarks and allegations you like to actually see what ive got and then see what the **** you say then.

im fed up of your allegations, stupid remarks and contradictive thoughts......why you search for proxys? why you play emulators? why are you such a dick ????

...I could carry ****in on all day, your a burden to this forum.

im no pirater but im a ****in hacker keep being a burden to people within the forums including me then carry the **** on, cuz ive had it with your pathetic piece of ****!!!!!
im suprised the GM's of this site havnt seen what youve been acting like, putting people off from even asking simple questions instead you just waste space.

Don't worry about it Psychoman... he layed into me once too, taking all sorts of personal shots. Not cool, I know.

When he calms down, he can be an alright guy.

Quote by Slash181

you've got alot of hate in the world,

This is the second time I've wondered who has a lot of hate....

CT

Quote by Slash181
whats your problem, im building a home studio?! starting off from scratch jeeez ive heard some of the recordings from cubase and the band im in now (which used nuendo 3) sounds better ......here you may wanna check em out www.myspace.com/spiritualtimecapsule

i live in a medium sized town near birmingham where theres only a few musicians worth talkin to and the others who are mates we all like recording and goin into the studio havin a pratt about, but the end of the day if we feel nuendo is better for us then wtf, why should we .....just cause everyone else feels.....that cubase is better/any different (when the engine and daws are the same) we should be sheep and follow the trend lol. like you said it has a couple of extra features, thats it.
we use cubase sx3 at the studio over at the old college i used to go to, and i could of picked up a copy easily there but then i would of had to get the codes (or a spare dongle if its the same as nuendo)

i dont see what your problem is for one, even if i was i would admit it and two id tell you to **** off and mind your own buisness but considering i actually brought this and feel strongly about pirating then im gonna stand my ground at this point.

but wait im not gonna judge ya on that, its simple i can see that things dont work out for you, you've got alot of hate in the world, not many friends (or atleast you feel like you do but count em up and you probably dont).
so here, come down from your little pittyful shell of rhode island and we can sort this out. instead of hiding behind ur little pissy screen where you can make all the remarks and allegations you like to actually see what ive got and then see what the **** you say then.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029562
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18220981#post18220981
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048282
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18157614#post18157614
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18102795#post18102795

I could carry ****in on all day, your a burden to this forum.

Shut the **** up already. Nobody is going to help you if you speak to them like that.
Fact.

Do your own research and don't come crying to us when you buy a mixing desk for absolutely no reason.

Cookie to the first that knows why him buying a mixing desk would be pointless..
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
What the **** is wrong with you people, chis firstly we got into an argument due to the same situation here, you guyz just seem to think its okay to presume about someone from another country and think it will go down kwl when wtf no it wont, its not kwl not at all thats why we argued and you kept feeding that, check any of my other post's and im fine till someone has a dig for no reason. he has started this cant you see this, are you blind, and secondly willieturnip did i say i brought the mixer, no. it was a present actually along with the pa system.
oh but apprantly i brought a mixer for no reason, yeh ofc once again a another fag presuming ****.
acutally it was meant for mixing a band i was in when i was 15/16 you dick. long time ago.

**** this site, **** the people in it and **** reasoning.

you guyz wouldnt be blamed for stealing when someone is in your face which is the same over the net.
you guyz wouldnt think its right for someone to but into a conversation being rude, arrogant and presumptive about your life.

obviously this has become a dead site for dead life's, who have nothin goin for em.

Sorry for those youngens who have yet to see what our elders have left us with, inside this thread and outside.

:@

P.S dont bother replying im not gonna check nor am i gonna post again for your satisfaction.

have a nice 09
Last edited by Slash181 at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Slash181
im no pirater but im a ****in hacker

Im inviting you to hack me...give me your best shot!
Oh well I'm tired of this.

PsychomanZ, I know you have a lot of knowledge about recording, I don't doubt that, but you are so unhelpful and quick to accuse of pirating. I know other members of this forum are strictly against pirating, but still have the ability to offer sound advice without resorting to abuse (moody, axemanchris, fast fingers etc.).

At the end of the day, who are you to assume that someone pirated software just because they are unsure how to use it properly? Ay least ask a few questions before you start shooting your mouth off abusing people. This is a friendly, helpful section of the site, and there's no need to go accusing everyone who asks a question of pirating software. Grow up and get a grip. If you can't be helpful, then don't bother posting. Just report a thread if it offends you.
There is poetry in despair.
Gosh, how mature. You have a real chip on your shoulder that doesn't fit in with everyone else's helpful attitude in R&R.
There is poetry in despair.
i know u might all laugh at me but spider jam amp is a good amp and recording on it is quite good