It's probably pretty obvious,but I figured I'd ask anyway.So I turned on my JSX to play a little while ago and there was a noticeable drop in volume and overall tone.I have it on it's low power setting,but even then it should be pretty damn loud considering it's a 120 watt amp.Even with the master all the way up I'm not getting nearly the volume or tone I should be.So I'm guessing one or more of the tubes went and it's time to replace them. Am I correct in assuming this is a tube issue and if so,can you guys direct me to some high quality replacement tubes for my amp?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

You need new power tubes.

JJs work well in Peaveys. Are you running 6L6s or EL-34s?

Ruby EL-34BSTRs are my favorite EL-34s and SED =C= 6L6s are my favorite 6L6s, but as I said, JJs are almost always a safe bet with Peavey amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You need new power tubes.

JJs work well in Peaveys. Are you running 6L6s or EL-34s?

Ruby EL-34BSTRs are my favorite EL-34s and SED =C= 6L6s are my favorite 6L6s, but as I said, JJs are almost always a safe bet with Peavey amps.

I figured it was a tube issue,or should I say I prayed it was and not something more complicated/devastating.I'm not sure what tubes it's running since I'm the second owner.It's only 2 months old so I assume it still has the stock tubes in it. Being shipped from Cali to NY with the sometimes brutal handling methods of delivery services and the below zero temps we had at the time probably did them in.I'll look into JJ tubes since I've heard some pretty good things about them.Could you give me any info on the tonal differences between EL-34 and 6l6 tubes? This is my first all tube amp so I'm still a bit green on the tech stuff wit them.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.