Hi all,
I was in the middle of wiring new pickups for my guitar when I hit a snag.

I got EMGs (an 81 and a 60a) for my Ibanez RG2EX1 and as I was going to connect them to the switch, I noticed the one on the diagram looks completely different than mine.

Here's the EMG Diagram

And here's mine

Can anyone draw me something so I can wire it? Does anyone know what the number sequence is? I know it's not 1-8 left to right.
Quote by Maj. Tom
Your skin will grow tough and you will soon have a mighty pimp hand to smite stupid bitches with.

Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX2 with EMG 81 and EMG 60a
Crate G-40 or something
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.
didn't u already make one of these?
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Last edited by Sakattack75 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Sakattack75
didn't u already make one of these?

Yeah but I didn't get any helpful responses.
Quote by Maj. Tom
Your skin will grow tough and you will soon have a mighty pimp hand to smite stupid bitches with.

Gear:
Crate G-40 or something
Quote by Azgirio
Did you go to the EMG website and see if they had a diagram for your type of guitar? I had to do that with my SD pups for my Dean because the diagrams were for a LP.
Yeah, I didn't see anywhere on the site that said it had guitar models.
Quote by Maj. Tom

Gear:
Crate G-40 or something
Quote by Azgirio
I also called and got put on a will-call list, so that wasn't much help. Has anyone ran into this problem before?
Quote by Maj. Tom

Gear:
Crate G-40 or something
Quote by Azgirio
Damn, nice customer service from EMG. I'd expect more from them. I'm sure you already tried to do a google search to see if someone else had the same problem and fixed it?
I'm sure you already tried to do a google search to see if someone else had the same problem and fixed it?

Yeah, I've looked and looked. I can't find any schematics/wiring diagrams for my model of Ibanez either. I'm not sure if that's 'cause it was a GC special or what. I've found similar ones but nothing that labels my switch nodes.
Quote by Maj. Tom

Gear:
Crate G-40 or something
Quote by Azgirio
Hmmmm, the only thing I can suggest is take it to a tech to see what he comes up with, or wait for EMG to call back. I'd rather go to the tech.
Hmmmm, the only thing I can suggest is take it to a tech to see what he comes up with, or wait for EMG to call back. I'd rather go to the tech.
Yeah, true enough. I took it to a local shop earlier today and he quoted me at 40 bucks an hour. I'm just gonna wait 'till EMG calls me back, I don't have 40 bucks right now. :P
Quote by Maj. Tom

Gear:
Crate G-40 or something
Quote by Azgirio
Wow. What a ripoff. He'd probably keep it a full 8 hour work day too. True enough to wait for the call. Sucks man, but I'm sure you'll get it fixed soon!