I just recieved a classic crybaby dunlop wah, and I like it alot, but many of my friends say that no pedals good unless its got more comtrols. What's your opinion on this?
i dont believe that. but ive had so much bad luck with that pedal. ive had it to the guitar shop seriously 4 times
i finally returned it
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Lies!! It just gives you more options to tweek. I'm not a fan of Dunlop wahs though, mine needs to break so I can justify getting a Teese.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
ha...So do you think if you hook a fuzz pedal to it that it's good enough for hendrix?
Quote by sa007ak
ha...So do you think if you hook a fuzz pedal to it that it's good enough for hendrix?

Unless you have a kick ass tube Marshall and nice Strat, no. Fuzz is too finicky to instantly get you to sound like Hendrix. You need at least extremely similar gear, which would cost way too much. Whatever you do, don't buy the Hendrix Fuzz Face, it's probably the worst fuzz ever made.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

No...I have a Digitech fuzz....and I got a 125-Watt Marshall, and a new Marshall top stack....and I have a very similiar strat(except coloring and age) to the one hendrix used at woodstock...
Quote by sa007ak
No...I have a Digitech fuzz....and I got a 125-Watt Marshall, and a new Marshall top stack....and I have a very similiar strat(except coloring and age) to the one hendrix used at woodstock...

What kind of Marshall is it?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

That won't get you a Hendrix sound. He used Marshall 1959SLP amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by sa007ak
MG100HDFX......but a really old version of it....

This will get you nowhere near Hendrix. If you want to get Hendrix tone you gotta have the Plexi or Plexi-like amp running with 6550s. And the Strat has to have the large headstock to make it resonate better.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Lies!! It just gives you more options to tweek. I'm not a fan of Dunlop wahs though, mine needs to break so I can justify getting a Teese.

Lol I'm waiting for my Rocktron to break or disappear so I can get a Cry Baby.

But to the TS, your friends are retarded. A pedal's quality and sound is not determined by the number of controls or knobs it has. Its about how it sounds with what it has and how you tweak them.
A wah doesnt need tons of controls to do its job. Most only have an on/off switch and and have been that way for a long time because thats all thats really needed. The stock dunlop pedal may not be so good. The crybabies arent very good from the store. A few simple mods and they can be really nice.
Quote by MommasHooligan

But to the TS, your friends are retarded. A pedal's quality and sound is not determined by the number of controls or knobs it has. Its about how it sounds with what it has and how you tweak them.

lol
I tried to get someone to steal mine but noone wanted it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by MommasHooligan

I love my rocktron wah pedal.

I have the blackcat moan....I love it way more than the dunlop.

-----

A wah pedal doesn't have to have a bunch of stuff on it, its a wah pedal.
I don't get what ur friends are talking about.
It's a Wah...

Just swap out the Fasel for a Whipple, revoice it and you should be fine. It's a one sound fits all, really. You could add something like trimpots if you felt inclined.

If you wanted a Wah with control, you should've gone for a 535Q.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
It's a Wah...

Just swap out the Fasel for a Whipple, revoice it and you should be fine. It's a one sound fits all, really. You could add something like trimpots if you felt inclined.

If you wanted a Wah with control, you should've gone for a 535Q.

No sir, a wah with control is the Teese RMC3. The Dunlop doesn't even compare. People would die by the time they tweak the RMC3 to exactly how they want it. It's got like a dozen trimpots and a bank of 9 DIP switches. It's the Road King of wahs. It's pretty much overkill unless you're really picky but I want one just to try it out for awhile and if I don't like it I'll sell it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
No sir, a wah with control is the Teese RMC3. The Dunlop doesn't even compare. People would die by the time they tweak the RMC3 to exactly how they want it. It's got like a dozen trimpots and a bank of 9 DIP switches. It's the Road King of wahs. It's pretty much overkill unless you're really picky but I want one just to try it out for awhile and if I don't like it I'll sell it.

Whatever you say, mister. Swap out the red fasel and revoice it and you have a sweet wah with a Variable Q knob, Wah Range knob, gain boost, and a volume knob. Plus it has a pretty wide sweep to begin with.

No messing with trimpots here. And it is much easier to get your desired sound. More options doesn't mean better sound. Just means harder to get that good sound.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Whatever you say, mister. Swap out the red fasel and revoice it and you have a sweet wah with a Variable Q knob, Wah Range knob, gain boost, and a volume knob. Plus it has a pretty wide sweep to begin with.

No messing with trimpots here. And it is much easier to get your desired sound. More options doesn't mean better sound. Just means harder to get that good sound.

lol
I was just joking. That's a little too much for me to mess around with in one lifetime. However I may get another Teese wah since he's pretty dedicated to putting out the best wahs he can make. Everyone who has an RMC3 complains about not being able to get them just right so I don't think I would bother. I do love a nice wide sweep though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT