Heys guys. It's the deal: Now i live in a apartment, which means, i don't have space for having my engl e530, my marshall 9005 and my marshall 1922. I will sell my loved rig (unfortunally), and buy a little nice amp (really small, because of the neighbours), but i don't want to lose the tube distortion, 5W-15W would be great.. So, i will play rock, indie rock, alternative. Any sugestions? I had think in the Peavey Royal 8, or the Harley Benton GA15, more a Big Muff.. My budjet is around 200€, without the big muff. What do you say? Sugestions please
cheers guys!
Last edited by Op3a at Jan 15, 2009,
How about an attenuator (load box)? It lets you get that tone without killing anyone. also, is that a 4x12" cab? if so, try using a 2x12".
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^It's a 2x12. The problem isn't only the volume, its also the space. I live with other person, I don't have space for my entire rig :/ .
Ibanez Valbee?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Take the cab and turn it on its side? Makes a nice nightstand. Add an attenuator, a voila!
Nope, no sig here.
I'd suggest you spend a little more and get something like the Cornell Plexi. It's worth it, and if you can afford that rig, I probably assume that funds aren't a problem.
^Unfortunally, funds are a problem.. I need the money for the university, but I don't (ever) want stop playing guitar. So, i was thinking about buying a small tube amp, just for pratice (or something else). My budget is about 200-250€.
^I can always buy a Big Muff, for exemple. I was thing in 3 options:

- Harley Benton Ga15 + Big Muff
- Fender Champion 600 + Big Muff
- Peavey Royal 8 + Big Muff

What do you think? The guitar will be a Fender Stratocaster (3 single coils), and i will play RHCP, Arctic Monkeys, Killers, etc (rock, indie and alternative). Opinions please..

Found this vid! What you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgrfnJkZ1U
Last edited by Op3a at Jan 16, 2009,
I find the royal 8 to be very boxy, almost nasal sounding... not my idea of good tone. The Harley benton GA15 is an Epiphone Valve Standard in different clothes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
wait until the Vox AC4TV comes out, it looks killer and has a 4watt-1watt-1/4 watt switch.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
^I will do that. So, the Harley Benton is good, right?
Quote by funkymonkz
wait until the Vox AC4TV comes out, it looks killer and has a 4watt-1watt-1/4 watt switch.

+1. What I was going to suggest.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com