I picked up a squier VM telecaster, the thinline model, on a whim a few weeks ago. I spent some time with the guitar and, honestly, I'm'a little bit frightened... the fretwork is far superior of what the 70's Ibanez and two Epiphones I own were (when I got them) and the neck pocket is the tightest neck pocket I've seen on a guitar/bass under the $500 range... actually, it's a better neck pocket than my deluxe P-bass.... the pickups sound great, are very responsive and have amazing range.

I'm pretty much saying: anything negative I've said about VM's and CV squiers before, I take back, this is an AMAZING guitar for the money. I'll post clips when I can, pics, you don't really need, as they're all over google and MF's.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
That's intriguing. I've always detested Squier, but if what you say is true, this could be excellent news for everyone!
I'm definately going to get a CV '50s or MIM Standard Strat next year.

Not sure which though.

Whichever I get, I'll be adding:
Locking Schaller tuners + nut
Schaller Vintage Tremolo
(In gold, all 3 of them)
Going to age the knobs in black coffee
Going to age the pickguard in Black Coffee
Going to age the white finish in Black Coffee (Is this how they get that Aged White finish that Yngwie has? I love the finish.)
Replace the neck with a 22 fret, scalloped Warmoth neck. Maple/Maple.
Stuff in either Lace Sensors, or DiMarzio YJM in the neck, HS-3 in the middle, YJM in the bridge.

As you can tell, this'll more than likely be my go-to guitar for mid-gain shred.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by david_highland
Why would you have said anything bad about them before you played one?

+ inf.
You're*
Quote by V.U.K
I'm definately going to get a CV '50s or MIM Standard Strat next year.

Not sure which though.

Whichever I get, I'll be adding:
Locking Schaller tuners + nut
Schaller Vintage Tremolo
(In gold, all 3 of them)
Going to age the knobs in black coffee
Going to age the pickguard in Black Coffee
Going to age the white finish in Black Coffee (Is this how they get that Aged White finish that Yngwie has? I love the finish.)
Replace the neck with a 22 fret, scalloped Warmoth neck. Maple/Maple.
Stuff in either Lace Sensors, or DiMarzio YJM in the neck, HS-3 in the middle, YJM in the bridge.

As you can tell, this'll more than likely be my go-to guitar for mid-gain shred.

Tea would work better than coffee, really.
And no, the color they spray on Yngwie's guitar is just the color that goes into the paint-gun. It's a mix, not white paint that is soaked in coffee later.
ummmmmmm, V.U.K. Think it might be better to just buy your guitar parts separately? cause otherwise you're just paying $300-$400 for nothing but a guitar body, a pickguard, and some pots. And I don't know what a pine guitar body (CV) goes for, but you're getting ripped off if you're buying an alder body for $400. Three potentiometers and a tone cap are what $10.00-$15.00 depending on where you buy them from, you can buy a white pickguard for about $18.00 from GFS and vintage cream knobs for $5.00 I just checked warmoth and a one piece alder body is going for $240. So lets say you bought an MIM strat for $400 and replaced everything but the body, pots, pickguard, and knobs you'd be spending roughly $129 more than you need to on just those parts. So why don't you save some money and some poor guitar from the chop block and buy you're parts separately.
Quote by david_highland

Because most people are assholes.

And, you know.... ^
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Because most people are assholes.

And, you know.... ^

+1
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
people can talk all the **** they want about a squier, still play mine. Its deffinately not a high end guitar, but they arent as bad as people make them out to be.
Quote by david_highland

well, when the line first came out, I went out and tried the basses and wasn't impressed with them at all, they just didn't live up to the hype, so, I blanketed my opinion on the guitars, as well. Turns out, I was wrong.

Quote by RHCPFitz
comparing a P Bass to a Tele?

just the build quality. The neck pocket is much tighter on the squier tele than my Fender deluxe, just sayin'.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by spaceace12342
people can talk all the **** they want about a squier, still play mine. Its deffinately not a high end guitar, but they arent as bad as people make them out to be.

Yeah, personal I like squier decent guitars at a decent price, as apposed to decent guitars at a ridiculous price (I won't name any names) But the poor image of squier is blown WAY WAY out of proportion. People act as though a squier would fall apart on a humid day, or like their eardrums would pop and their hands would fall off if they were to play one. I bet if you slapped a fender logo on a squier standard strat probably 70%-80% of guitarists would think it was awesome, and the other 20%-30% would simply think it wasn't fenders greatest creation. Speaking as a person that's spent a lot of time in a lot of music shops, working in one of them, that's sits around playing different guitars all day, when it comes to "High end" models most of what you're paying for is right on the headstalk, and I'm not talking about the tunners.
Quote by spaceace12342

Yeppers.
that's what i've been saying all along

finally
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H