Page 1 of 3
When did you guys get your first car? Did you inherit one after you got your license? I'm a junior in high school and hopefully will get my license later this month. My dad does not want me to buy a car because he thinks it will distract me from academics, but this does not seem to be a good argument to me.

Also, what kind of car was your first car?
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
Well I paid everything in my bank account for my grandma's corolla. It's a 2003 with 24K miles... I paid $2000. YESSSS.

And how would it distract you from academics? He needs a better excuse not to get you one.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
It was supposed to be a 67 F-100 with a Shelby 351. My dad sold it when i was 10. I don't have a car, still. I want to buy a 65 Mustang once i find another job.
My car is currently a beat up '91 Accord. Stick shift. It's cool, but I'd like a newer car. But you NEVER want to buy a new car.
I got some good guitars, yo.
92 jetta
paid 550 for it

its amazing how quickly your gear fund will turn into your car fund
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Wasn't there a thread on this just a few days ago?

Anyway, I 'inherited' my current car after I got my P1 licence. I don't own it or pay for insurance on it (I have to pay for petrol though), but I'm basically the only one who drives it. My brother will get his Learner Driver's licence at the end of this year, and he'll start using this car too. Then when he gets his P1 licence, all hell will break lose as we fight over who'll drive

It's a VW Golf from 2000 or something, manual transmission.
Quote by Shortbuschld
Well I paid everything in my bank account for my grandma's corolla. It's a 2003 with 24K miles... I paid $2000. YESSSS.

And how would it distract you from academics? He needs a better excuse not to get you one.

Lucky bastard.

I wish I could get a decent car for 2 grand.
I'll probably get one in a year a so. I have no idea what kind of car I'll get.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
One of these haha.

I felt like a pirate driving that boat... Got it from my aunt for $300.

Now I drive a Camaro.

EDIT: It's a 83 Cadillac El Dorado
I'm Tyler
Last edited by Octtwe88 at Jan 15, 2009,
i got my first car when i turned 17 it was a 1971 chevy chevelle. but didnt drive for a year because my dad was restoring it.
i got it for $4500 and now its woth about $20,000
i drive that thing everywhere i get so much attention where ever i go
it was the best gift i have gotten ever!!!
Last edited by MalContented at Jan 15, 2009,
1973 Mercades 450SE, 120,000 miles. It died though.

I now drive a red 2006 Chevy Colorado.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I got mine when I was 16. It was a '97 Chevy Lumina for $3000.
It's pretty nice
Quote by CaptainRon
Lucky bastard.

I wish I could get a decent car for 2 grand.

I actually feel a little bad like I took advantage of her... but she gave the same deal to my brother and she's kinda loaded... I don't know... that's my justification.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Mine was just over 2 years ago, September 2006. My father bought me a Ford Fiesta 98, it was half an over-due birthday present and half a "congratulations on your first serious job".

It was a complete shock when he gave me it, I refused it at first because I thought it was expensive, but it turned out he got it cheap from a friend of his. The insurance crippled me though lol
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
My parents got a 1983 Mustang to replace our other car that caught on fire, so when they got the new truck and i got my permit, i inherited the Stang . 5.0 4-speed convertible is pretty sweet for a first car....
well it was just an extra car we had. my brother moved out so it was just my parents driving.
i only got the 1999 audi a4...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by vinyl_countdown
My parents got a 1983 Mustang to replace our other car that caught on fire, so when they got the new truck and i got my permit, i inherited the Stang . 5.0 4-speed convertible is pretty sweet for a first car....

Haha, gotta love the Fox Body
in a couple months (when I get my license) I get my dads 2005(?) honda CRV
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by justlivin
92 jetta
paid 550 for it

its amazing how quickly your gear fund will turn into your car fund

and my friend paid $1500 for a 1983 volvo just because his dad drove one once...
he could have shopped around and actually bought a decent car for half the price.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
well im a sophmore in high school with straight A'w and my parents let me get a car. i had to pay for about half plus repairs. i got a 95 honda accord with almost 200,000 miles.
Quote by Shortbuschld

Jezz you hit the Jackpot

I got a good deal on a 02 Alero for $2000 but with 150k Miles, I hate Michigan every good car under 100,000 miles is over $6500 and they can be as beat up as ****
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by irishstang_87
Haha, gotta love the Fox Body

Yes I do...

amazingly light so power:weight ratio is quite impressive
'87 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, with a dark blue finish baby!

A shame the paint has faded to a grayish color. And it has 30K miles. After it has ticked over once.

But by God, that thing is more so comfortable. The front seat is a love seat, the back a mattress, and can comfortably fit 8+ Not to mention it's built like a tank, and could very easily survive a short ranged missile.

EDIT: Got it from my Grandma
Last edited by SMB13 at Jan 15, 2009,
This is the thing. I have $2000 I could blow on a car. I would pay for it myself, and get a job for gas, insurance, etc. It's annoying how he doesn't want to let me buy it though...
Quote by guitarlover57
So what is this "pear", iv heard so much about? people on here keep talking about it and i have no idea what theyre saying,help me with this please!!
I had a 91 Civic 4 door, 5 speed for $1,000 that had 430,000 km on it when I sold it. Engine still ran like a top but the body was going bad. I then bought a 96 Corolla 5 speed for $700 and it was in excellent shape (great car as far as reliability goes, like most Toyota's. However, getting too sideways and flipping it several times one night did it in.) Still sold it for $200 haha. I dont even think the engine stalled that night.
I now drive a 97 Honda Prelude, 5 speed i paid 6500 for and its like NEW and I'm happy with it. Next up: Nissan 350Z or Subaru WRX.
Last edited by MetalManiac_86 at Jan 15, 2009,

1984 Hilux Y'all, Soooo fuking boganish I know but I love it to bits! Paid $2800 for it, then another $1600 to get it passed rego & hardly a cent since! it's got 391'500km on the clock
it's a 3Y so it's only 4 cylinder & she's not the soomthest ride but "She's my ute, I'll keep her that way, She's my ute & She's here to stay!"
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan

1984 Hilux Y'all, Soooo fuking boganish I know but I love it to bits! Paid $2800 for it, then another $1600 to get it passed rego & hardly a cent since! it's got 391'500km on the clock
it's a 3Y so it's only 4 cylinder & she's not the soomthest ride but "She's my ute, I'll keep her that way, She's my ute & She's here to stay!"

Anyone who's seen the Top Gear Hilux test isn't gonna knock you for having one

I just got my license today actually, and I'm sharing a 200? Subaru Outback with my older brother.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
I got my license when I was 16 and got my first car when I was 17.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
1978 Triumph Dolomite 1850 HL.

It's my baby.
Still needs a name...

Oh and I bought it in August 08 for £850 iirc.
57000 miles on the clock.

...Not that I've passed my test yet
Yeah, next month though.
Last edited by Oli_88 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by irishstang_87

exactly what i was thinking when i read that...

I know how tough they are but I still can't believe that it survived all that.
Quote by irishstang_87

I usually watch topgear so i'm suprised I missed this episode! Was it the UK or Australian Version? cause I only watch the UK version (even though I'm Aussie!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by hawk5211
exactly what i was thinking when i read that...

I know how tough they are but I still can't believe that it survived all that.

My jaw actually dropped when it started back up. I've always been a toyota fan, mostly because i drive a camry, but damn. That was amazing.

Here's the Hilux thing
Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk
Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM
Part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

If nothing else, watch the 3rd part. It's absolutely amazing.
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by cblowrun
1989 toyota camry. xD

Whats that? you've been saudi drifting?

Hopefully getting an ae82 in the next coming months.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Feast your eyes upon my truck!

Tis an 87 Toyota pickup, currently has 156k miles

I got it for $1200

Other than a loose belt, which we fixed recently, it's been running great

My Space Add me, I want some UG people on there

Gear
Squier Strat
Ibanez RG7321
OLP John Petrucci Sig Model
'78 Martin D-28
Line 6 Spider II 15 Watt