Poll: Ibanez, Jackson, or Schecter?
Poll Options
View poll results: Ibanez, Jackson, or Schecter?
Ibanez
47 36%
Jackson
43 33%
Schecter
39 30%
Voters: 129.
I'm looking to buy a superstrat thats around 1k dollars. I have been looking and I liked the:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550z
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
I've been looking around for ESPs(Not LTD) but they don't sell them in S. California....
so which of these are the best? What are their cons and pros?
ive always liked ibanez, but to me the neck on the prestige plays like ****. so id go with the soloist
I think you would be best off with the C-1 or an Ibanez S Prestige. The S should come with a ZR tremolo, which is amazing. C-1 has push-pull tone pots that add a ton of options tonally.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
ibanez all the way
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
i dont have much experience with ibanez but the schecter neck feels better than the jackson but the jackson is easier to play on.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by thedarkest5432
I think you would be best off with the C-1 or an Ibanez S Prestige. The S should come with a ZR tremolo, which is amazing. C-1 has push-pull tone pots that add a ton of options tonally.

wat do u mean by S Prestige? cn u gimme a link to any of them?
Quote by hatooku
I've been looking around for ESPs(Not LTD) but they don't sell them in S. California....

they sell them. craigslist or ebay or sam ash.. i see them at sam ash all the time. expensive though.

jackson.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
they sell them. craigslist or ebay or sam ash.. i see them at sam ash all the time. expensive though.

jackson.

Thx ur right... al though their not in my price range.
Still thx
SL3 and SLSMG for sure. Or even an SLS3. That one gives you an ebnoy fretboard.

I would take one of these Jacksons over an Ibanez prestige or schecter C1. The necks are perfect and neckthru, it has a huge tone, its very well built and isnt rediculously overloaded with crappy kitch inlays (schecter).
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I hate Wizard necks and I like thick necks, so I'm saying Schecter.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
For me it would be between the Jackson and the Ibanez. I just don't find Schecters as comfortable to play, though maybe that's because I'm used to Ibanez. As I play an Ibanez and love it, my first thought was to go with that but the more I thought about it, the more I was swayed by the Jackson. There are three basic reasons why I love my Ibanez: the neck dimensions; the neck-thru construction and the mahogany body. Unfortunately, two out of these three are missing on the model you're looking at so of the guitars you've listed, I'd go with an SL3.

Alternatively, look at an Ibanez RGT

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48729/

Or, look at a Prestige 'S' series

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=75414
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Jackson. I like Ibanez, but basswood is a very love/hate kind of wood. And (to me), the quality of Schecters isn't as nice compared to Jackson or Ibanez.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The necks on all of those have a different feel. You should go and try all of them out and take the one which feels best.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
I played all of those guitars in a shop once. I was going to buy the Jackson but after trying the Schecter, I quickly changed my mind.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! how in the hell can anyone choose a schecter over a jackson soloist and ibanez prestige. this is quite outrageous. that hellraiser feels so tacky and mediocre, how anyone pick that over a jackson soloist is beyond me. i personally would get one of these charvel hot rod strat.
i need to decide between
Ibanez rg2550z
Jackson SL3
Ibanez S5470
Whats the best overall?
What is the difference between the rg and the s and which is better in ur opionion>
i have an ibanez rg2550z, i think its a great guitar, however, i havent tried those other ones
Ibanez behind schecters......wise up you morons
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by kckyle
ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! how in the hell can anyone choose a schecter over a jackson soloist and ibanez prestige. this is quite outrageous. that hellraiser feels so tacky and mediocre, how anyone pick that over a jackson soloist is beyond me. i personally would get one of these charvel hot rod strat.

Exactly
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
There is no "better", but i think the jackson or ibanez would be higher quality than the schecter. I don't really like schecter's necks for faster playing and jackson necks feel a bit too.... boxy to me i guess... i like ibanez the most. You really need to try them though, because there are people on here that will tell you:

- Schecter is so good omg lol the coil splits add so much versatility (they help but not that much)

- "I like ____ more than ____ so you should get *preferred*" --- You need to try them yourself and see what you like more.

- Jackson/Ibanez are the best. Well, that's very objective. If you hate thin necks they obviously aren't.

Like i said, try them. All you'll get here is people flaming each other because they feel the need to defend their personal preference or what they own.
I can't stand ibanez guitars, I never played a Jackson. So I have to say Schecter. Even though I don't think any of Schecter's models are aesthetically pleasing I love how they sound and play.
Honestly, I've tried both the Ibanez and Schecter(never tried a Jackson) Gotta say I didn't really like the wizard neck, just felt too thin for my hands. You really gotta try them first.
Quote by kckyle
ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! how in the hell can anyone choose a schecter over a jackson soloist and ibanez prestige. this is quite outrageous. that hellraiser feels so tacky and mediocre, how anyone pick that over a jackson soloist is beyond me.

+100

But you really need to try out all the necks before you decide
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard