Which one have you all found most useful. They are all mostly cheap so don't concern budget.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
you should probably save up for a better amp, a volume pedal doesnt have many uses.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
Which one have you all found most useful. They are all mostly cheap so don't concern budget.

Boss FV-500

the only thing that volume pedals are good for is doing volume swells and turning down your guitar without losing gain like a volume knob does
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
the only thing that volume pedals are good for is doing volume swells and turning down your guitar without losing gain like a volume knob does

It only keeps the gain intact if you place it after the OD, I've tried moving mine around and it just does the same thing as a guitar volume knob before the OD. The Ernie Ball one is the best I've tried, I would've bought it but I got a Morley Little Alligator for 15 bucks that the police confiscated from some drug dealer. But you should buy a new amp first because everything a volume pedal does can be accomplished with your guitars volume control knob.

Quote by zachman5150
Boss FV-500

Hey, how sturdy are those? Also, do they have a smoother taper than the Ernie Ball one? I've heard good things about the Boss ones but haven't ever tried them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by mmolteratx
It only keeps the gain intact if you place it after the OD, I've tried moving mine around and it just does the same thing as a guitar volume knob before the OD. The Ernie Ball one is the best I've tried, I would've bought it but I got a Morley Little Alligator for 15 bucks that the police confiscated from some drug dealer. But you should buy a new amp first because everything a volume pedal does can be accomplished with your guitars volume control knob.

yeah thats what i meant, sorry I forgot about that. It's been a while since I had one in my chain.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77

Umm, well... NO

You've never used one as a Continuous Controller? They're especially GREAT for this, as well as allowing you to do swells, as well as allowing multiple mixes such as using as a Master Volume MIX controller for playback levels, while allowing you to use your hands for playing instead of messing w/ a guitars volume knob.

Just thought I'd put some perspective on the above statement.

Quote by mmolteratx

Correct

Quote by mmolteratx
Hey, how sturdy are those? Also, do they have a smoother taper than the Ernie Ball one? I've heard good things about the Boss ones but haven't ever tried them.

They are built like tanks, and don't suffer from the broken string issues that tend to affect the Ernie Ball Volume pedals. If you've ever had to try to replace the string on an Ernie Ball pedal, you'd know how big of a pain in the ass they are.

I find the taper to feel perfect. I have 3 of them. A Pre-effects pedal, a Post Effects pedal and a Continuous control pedal, and they are FANTASTIC.

Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by zachman5150

They are built like tanks, and don't suffer from the broken string issues that tend to affect the Ernie Ball Volume pedals. If you've ever had to try to replace the string on an Ernie Ball pedal, you'd know how big of a pain in the ass they are...

Sweet thanks. I'm gonna have to try one of those out soon caus my Morley has the worst taper I've ever used, it goes from off to full volume almost instantly.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Sweet thanks. I'm gonna have to try one of those out soon caus my Morley has the worst taper I've ever used, it goes from off to full volume almost instantly.

No prob...

Here is a video of Bob Bradshaw going through my rig with me, where he shows a small example of how one of the Boss Volume pedals reacts with allowing the volume to be shut off while allowing the delay trails to continue.:

Rig Demo
Quote by zachman5150
No prob...

Here is a video of Bob Bradshaw going through my rig with me, where he shows a small example of how one of the Boss Volume pedals reacts with allowing the volume to be shut off while allowing the delay trails to continue.:

Rig Demo

That's cool man and it sounds great too. Now if I could only afford that setup... I'll have to stick to the basics for now and hopefully when I get access to the money I got when a horse bit my ear off I'll be able to get some sick gear like this.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
That's cool man and it sounds great too. Now if I could only afford that setup... I'll have to stick to the basics for now and hopefully when I get access to the money I got when a horse bit my ear off I'll be able to get some sick gear like this.

OUCH...

Well, I'm 42 and have been playing for a long time-- and that rig didn't happen over night. I have used some of that gear in various rigs over the years. I got my 1st TC Electronic 2290 delay in 1987 and have had a few since then, along with various other gear but my point is, eventually it all adds up.

Keep Rockin,

Zach