After years of tearing my hair out, I've finally got a decent idea of the pedal system Tom is using. What I DON'T get is how he can possibly control all of these when he performs live, especially because he's generally moving around the stage (I saw him once at a Bruce Springsteen show, but he was still all wired-up).

So, is there some dude behind a curtain, carefully working his pedals? Or is he just some super-bionic-ultra-man?
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
nope it's all on a board at the front of the stage. i think he has a tremolo, whammy, delay, wah, and a few others.

he had a Vulgar Display in one issue of a guitar world.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
What do you mean by "Working his pedals"? Essentially all of his sounds come out of his guitar and not his pedals.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
well, being that he has been playing for many years, and knows most of his songs by heart, and also uses the smae pedal board for everything. i would say he has his pedal borad memorized so well he doesn't think about it past where its located on the stage since he knows whats inside that square and where they are he just has to look down where it at and then he can take it from there. that and i think he runs a lot of those effects constantly and turns off 1 or 2 between songs and solos. just what i think
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by Kartman
What do you mean by "Working his pedals"? Essentially all of his sounds come out of his guitar and not his pedals.

actually he uses pedals alot I can play alot of RATM.
If he's using anything but the Boss SL20 Slicer (or something close), I'll be damned.

I know it's a new toy, but I just got it for myself, and I can name a good 6 or 7 Audioslave songs that would be nearly impossible without it.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
He could be using a MIDI pedal? I'm not sure about his setup but you can control a bunch of pedals with just one button if you wanted.
Quote by krypto1339
If he's using anything but the Boss SL20 Slicer (or something close), I'll be damned.

I know it's a new toy, but I just got it for myself, and I can name a good 6 or 7 Audioslave songs that would be nearly impossible without it.

Here you go...Tom Morello runs through his set up(link)
Si
Quote by 20Tigers

+1

he makes incredible use of the gear he has, proof that you dont need much to do a lot.
Tom Morello Funk Master.

He has wicked riffs and his work in general with RATM yummy

1 riff of him is still insane;

The riff at 0:38 (know your enemy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim2MNvF8

It seems so simple at first, but people forget you got to mute in between every power chord. On that speed that's friggin gnarly **** lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMh8D3x9HyA&feature=related

This guy totally "Un-staccatoes" the riff, friggin rape lol. He plays it as if it's metal, all downstrokes and no muting; It's funk-rock not metal loolol.

It's makes me sad how many people out there only check notes and totally forget dynamics

How can you NOT hear that the riff is staccato and played with down and upstrokes (Aka funk not metal)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 16, 2009,
He's a great player, but funnily enough, the two most popular RATM songs have some of the worst solos ever.

Settle for Nothing has a very tasteful and beautiful solo.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
he only has a few pedals, and most of the "weird" sounds he produces are from his guitar not his pedals.
***Short Sig***
Quote by maggot9779
He could be using a MIDI pedal? I'm not sure about his setup but you can control a bunch of pedals with just one button if you wanted.

That's what I was thinking, with MIDI he could activate the sounds without touching the pedalboard.