Page 1 of 3
i was originally going to write a speech bashing emo and rap and modern rock, but i was told not to offend any one so i did it in a much less obvious way:

There are many issues we are facing in modern society, but one that I would like to discuss with you today, is music. Yes modern music is a problem. Take a look back at Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi. Their music was and still is some of the most rhythmically complicated ever composed. Even handicapped by deafness, they made better music than we do. Almost all modern music is composed of 3-4 chords repeated over and over again, sometimes with a guitar “solo” thrown in. even rock and roll has become modernized. Compare ANY modern rock band to one from the 70's and you will find a BIG difference in musical complexity, and talent. Don't get me wrong, not all modern bands are this bland and simplistic in their composition. Bands such as Children of Bodom, actually imitate the classical sound using guitars, and Opeth, who have some of the most musically complex music around stay true to what music is supposed to be. Another question is, why is it that so many classical composers never had ANY recognition until after they were dead, while untalented modern-day “musicians” are millionaires? It is an injustice. Many of the so called artists don't even write their own music, and the ones that do spend so little time on a single song that it sounds like complete crap that any one could play after less than a month learning an instrument. I'm sure that if these classical composers were still alive, they'd wish they weren't. Even lyrically these bands are completely bland and unoriginal. All they talk about is sex and partying, or whine about how much their lives suck. The blame goes to the listener. We give the people our money and attention for some unknown reason when they haven't done anything worthy of it, and then they become famous and make it onto TV and the radio. I just stopped watching TV because I couldn't stand it, but now even at school people that feel like I do are tormented by this noise that is supposed to be musical. There is no longer anyway to get away from this garbage. We have come to a point where extreme measures are required. My solution is to round up every artist labeled rock, punk rock, pop, hip hop, or rap, and send put them in camps northern Canada where they will. freeze to death before being eaten by polar bears.

TL;DR
f*ck ur sh!tty music bi0tch
I think there is a possibility of pissing some people off reading it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Youre elitist. If I knew you in person, Id probably punch you in the face.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
no one will take you seriously.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Yeah I don't know if the whole sending people against their will to northern Canada to eradicate them via freezing temperatures, hostile living conditions and death eventually either by the aforementioned or polar bear attacks will sit will with some listeners.
I don't give a **** what other people are listening to. I don't even bother bashing anybodies music because it's pointless and a waste of time.
Quote by evanm31
Listen to The Mars Volta you ignorant twat.

This.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I think there is a possibility of pissing some people off reading it.

Definitely, try re wording some stuff. Good idea, but just the way it's all said...

You're also going to come off as a nerdy jackass, I agree with you, but...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
That was no good. You started bashing without purpose. You're job isn't to come up with solutions. Its to present your point in an organized and efficient manner.

That would be cool though.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
If i bothered to read that wall, i may have constructive things to say.

For now, read up on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

BendyEDIT: Holy crap, I could only read 2 sentences before i vomited. Go to bed.
Last edited by bendystraw at Jan 15, 2009,
Grow up. If you aren't being forced to listen to it, then you really don't have a reason to complain about it, except to maybe feel superior for a few minutes.
Quote by evanm31
Listen to The Mars Volta you ignorant twat.

**** yes.

And I would get up and leave in the middle of that speech. I mean, come the **** on.

Hey TS, take a step outside the box. Or, listen to more music for a change. Hot damn that's elitist.

EDIT: To the guy below me VVVVVVVVVVVVVV: Are you being sarcastic. Because there is almost no way this sounds intelligent. Especially the last line of his so called "paragraph".
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Jan 15, 2009,
i give you kudos, i have never read something on ug that has made as much sense you have. i didn't think intellegent people still existed, you have proved me wrong.

EDIT: but it is inconsiderate of other people, and may offend the infiadels. i say be openminded.

EDIT agian: ^^ to a degree i was. but he does make a point of there not being people like beethoven anymore. sadly i have to say i like orcastra music.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jan 15, 2009,
Elitistttttt
You sound just like my music professor..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Is this seriously what you're going to say in you're class?
I see many people bitching at you in your foreseeable future if it is.
Jump in my fire, I'm far beyond driven.

amp--- Peavey Vypyr 15 (fucking love it)
I would also suggest doing some research before you give this speech, considered how wrong some of your points are.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I would also suggest doing some research before you give this speech, considered how wrong some of your points are.

I would suggest following this advice.
id completly support obama if he decided to shut down guantanamo terrorist operations and just start sending rappers there instead.

"lil wayne, its time for your cockmeat sandwitch"

lick it like a lolipopzz...
If your going to insult something, at least do it intelligently. Music Bigotry at its finest right here.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
You can't be serious. This is an insult to debating.

You use no logic, or even examples. If you wanted to make an actual argument against modern music, you shouldn't do it this way. Pick one aspect, such as lyrics being a bad influence and site examples. You can't really say that something as subjective as music has some defined level of good or bad.

You're ignorant. You need to grow the **** up.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Also complexity doesn't always mean better music.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by ifeastonbums

this...is debatable..but thats a horse of a different color.
That was poorly written. It sounded like some emo kid having a cry about mainstream music.

has no signature.
Quote by ifeastonbums
You can't be serious. This is an insult to debating.

You use no logic, or even examples. If you wanted to make an actual argument against modern music, you shouldn't do it this way. Pick one aspect, such as lyrics being a bad influence and site examples. You can't really say that something as subjective as music has some defined level of good or bad.

You're ignorant. You need to grow the **** up.

I agree with this man. Are you even talking about a class? Seriously, this is not class worthy. Or even street rant worthy. This is just a rant about how you hate all music just because you're so damned narrow minded you have to insult everything you don't like or haven't heard. Really? You would say this in front of a teacher and students being serious? If this would be an A in a class, I would quite that class and move schools.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

im not elitist i listen to a ton of music metal blues jazz classical etc
i just hate the crap that is coming out nowadays
and its in the structure because it has to go on notecards so i ddint bother with paragraphs
and yes i AM being forced to listen to it
they blast this **** at assemblies, football games, even during LUNCH FOR CHRISTS SAKE
Quote by ifeastonbums

This. I can't listen to some music because of how complex it is. It's not about making a piece of music as complex as possible, it's about making it sound good, sometimes they just happen to be complex.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by sk8ordie97
and its in the structure because it has to go on notecards so i ddint bother with paragraphs
they blast this **** at assemblies, football games, even during LUNCH FOR CHRISTS SAKE

seeing as you listen to lamb of god....
your taste in music isnt much better then what you complain about.
Quote by sk8ordie97

You really need to do more research, seriously. There was "crappy" music in EVERY era. Listening to a certain type of music doesn't make you better than anyone.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Wow I am swayed. I used to listen to ****ty music but after hearing this speech I now only listen to opeth. Good thing I heard this.

O WAIT

Music is subjective you dumbass. Yeah the majority of mainstream music sucks, but why does that mean that people who don't care about music have to listen to good music? Would you really be happy if you heard that kind of music getting mainstream radio play? I wouldn't, I like it being something that I seek out, not having it shoved in my face. I realize that a lot of your points are true to musicians but the majority of people find simplicity to be more listenable.

Edit:

Quote by woMANintheBOX19
You really need to do more research, seriously. There was "crappy" music in EVERY era. Listening to a certain type of music doesn't make you better than anyone.

Also this
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Last edited by slaptasticdave at Jan 15, 2009,
Kindly assume the b*tchslap position, elitist wanker.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by sk8ordie97

Yes you are.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by sk8ordie97
The blame goes to the listener. We give the people our money and attention for some unknown reason

SPOILER ALERT: That unknown reason is that some people like it you twat.

"Oh *whine whine whine* go back to the '70s and bands had musical complexity *whine whine whine*"

Ahh, the '70s, the birth decade of punk.

You are a huge tool who tries too hard to be cool and edgy.
i'm going to rewrite your speech for you. *clears throat*

so, all ****ing music is ****ing ****, goddamn ****. i hope i offend every body in the ****ing room cause your all **** heads and i couldent come up with a good ****ing argument cause ug bashed the ****ing **** out of me.

that'll get you an A, and thrown in prison, or something retarted like that.

Page 1 of 3