I originally thought it was my wah, but I was able to hear the sound when nothing was plugged into my amp. It had been a couple weeks since I heard it, but it was back today.

It sounds like a truck is backing up in my living room!

Has anyone heard of this before? Any ideas?
"There is only one thing more beautiful than one guitar - Two guitars" Frederic Chopin
Can't turn it up past 2, but I try to play it every day.

I couldn't tell you exactly how old the tubes are for sure. I just bought it a couple months ago, and the guy said he had replaced them a couple months prior.

Could a bad tube/s cause this? It's like an alarm going off.
"There is only one thing more beautiful than one guitar - Two guitars" Frederic Chopin
Do you wear a watch while you play?

Edit: If you do, then that's the problem. take the watch off of your picking hand while playing because the pickups will amplify the clicking.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Last edited by thedarkest5432 at Jan 15, 2009,
Do you do it all the time, and do you use any pedals? I'm not familiar with tube issues, but it could be that.

Edit: Also the guy above said the watch. That could do it. Also if your cellphone is sitting on the amp that can also cause something like this. I had that problem and it was that.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Last edited by Cagney1990 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Hadeed
maybe ur amp picks up electromagnetic waves like radio signals or something..?

Phones are across the room. I guess it could be the computer. It's only 5 or so feet away. I'll have to try it with the comp off.

Also, it's the only thing plugged into that outlet.
Quote by Cagney1990
Do you do it all the time, and do you use any pedals? I'm not familiar with tube issues, but it could be that.

Edit: Also the guy above said the watch. That could do it. Also if your cellphone is sitting on the amp that can also cause something like this. I had that problem and it was that.

I wear my watch all the time, but it's not digital, and the amp was making the sound when I was several feet away, and no wires were plugged into it.

edit: Also, my watch is not on my picking hand.
Last edited by strat2finish at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by strat2finish
Phones are across the room. I guess it could be the computer. It's only 5 or so feet away. I'll have to try it with the comp off.

Also, it's the only thing plugged into that outlet.

There we go. Problem solved, move the amp away from the computer. Like to the other side of the room.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
Quote by thedarkest5432
There we go. Problem solved, move the amp away from the computer. Like to the other side of the room.

Where the phones are!?

j/k. I'll try that.
its probably interference from either the computer or phones, try playing it in a room without anything like that and if it stops then you know what the problem was.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Okay, so I just:

(Deep breath)

Cut all power going to my computer, put my watch as far as I could get it from my amp (30 or so feet with a wall and a door in between), pulled the battery out of both my cell phones, pulled the power cord out of my wireless router and modem, pulled the power cord from my 360 and my Wii, turned off all the lights, and pulled the plug on the microwave and the refrigerator, and drug my heavy ass amp all around my apartment.

The sound could be heard the whole time.

If it's electro-magnetic waves causing this, it's coming from one of my neighbors and they're not home.

Anything else this could be?
Quote by Hadeed
maybe ur amp picks up electromagnetic waves like radio signals or something..?

+1 an amp at my local shop could clearly pick-up the local gospel station when it was placed against an exposed metal support beam lol.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
+1 an amp at my local shop could clearly pick-up the local gospel station when it was placed against an exposed metal support beam lol.

hahha. CB radios like to chime in on my amp. it could be that as well.
It could be a radio station like stated above.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.