Hey, I've been looking for a guitar that is up to my expectatives but not above $500, I consider myself as an intermediate player but I have some things I would like my guitar to have. I'm looking for a guitar with 24 frets, 2 humbuckers (but not just crappy ones) and double-locking bridge (floyd rose). I want some other things (2 volumes & 1 tone, coil tap, reverse headstock) but I'm allright with those three.
Right now I've found 5 guitars that have what I want, and I've looked over a lot of manufacturers but it seems that just those five would work for me.
The guitars I'm talking about are:

- Ibanez RG350DX
- Jackson MG Series DXMG Dinky
- Schecter C-1 FR
- Schecter Damien FR Electric Guitar
- ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature

All except the ESP can be seen here:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Product/CompareItems.aspx?prevurl=%2fSearch%2fDefault.aspx%3fsrc%3dschecter%26Search.x%3d0%26Search.y%3d0%26Search%3dGo
(I don't know if the link works)

Have in mind that I also care about the looks of the guitar, it may not be the most important thing, but it also helps to make the decision.

So I would like to know your opinion on which guitar I should get.
Objective opinions only, please.
No "Ibanez rocks" or "Jackson owns" or "_____(insert artist) uses this one so it is better" or those kind of comments. Please be objective.

Thanks.
c-1 FR

/thread

but seriously, just got one for 345 off ebay. It was a factory B model. Can't even tell. Think is great...Only problem is that it shipped with Daddario strings which suck balls...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Marshall MGDFX
And don't just say which guitar
Also explain why, please. And I'd like to hear different points of view.
Last edited by DarkLordArthur at Jan 15, 2009,
personally im a fan of ibanez..not for their stock stuff..but for what they sound like when you play around with them and change ****. but id stay away from a floyd..because in a couuple of months well all be seeing a thread started by you bitching about your floyd rose and its lack of tuning.
the ibanez one, for sure. the dinky has to be the worst guitar name ever, "hey man what guitar do you play?" "a BADASS metal guitar, a JACKSON-MOTHERF UCKING...dinky."...
dinky |ˈdi ng kē|
adjective ( dinkier , dinkiest ) informal
small; insignificant : I can't believe the dinky salaries they pay here

dinkyass piece of sh it.

on a side note:

Ibanez rocks

Jackson owns

avril lavigne uses this one so it is better. /thread
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Quote by DarkLordArthur
Marshall MGDFX
And don't just say which guitar
Also explain why, please. And I'd like to hear different points of view.

buy an amp first. trust me..any guitar will sound bad on thing..
either the schecter or the ESP. do not get the ibanez, that edge III will make you disappointed.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Don't get the KH signature, or the Schecter Damien. If you want an ESP, for the M-100 series. As for Ibanez, that's a good guitar, but I like my RG4EX1, but you can't get it anymore I think. I would suggest the RG5EX1. The Wizard II neck is great for shred. I've played on a C-1 FR briefly, and the neck felt a little weird. I wouldn't say bad, but just different. I don't know anything about the Jackson though, I just know they're supposed to be good.
Quote by HIM%(^
personally im a fan of ibanez..not for their stock stuff..but for what they sound like when you play around with them and change ****. but id stay away from a floyd..because in a couuple of months well all be seeing a thread started by you bitching about your floyd rose and its lack of tuning.

I really want a Floyd Rose and I'm aware of all the problems that a floyd rose can present and how hard is to get used to one. But I've done my research, and I'm willing to experiment and really learn how to use it and solve problems on my own.
So I won't be "bitching" and asking people like you about it. And if you are not going to help, please shut the **** up and leave your comments to yourself.
Quote by DarkLordArthur
I really want a Floyd Rose and I'm aware of all the problems that a floyd rose can present and how hard is to get used to one. But I've done my research, and I'm willing to experiment and really learn how to use it and solve problems on my own.
So I won't be "bitching" and asking people like you about it. And if you are not going to help, please shut the **** up and leave your comments to yourself.

in that case buy the esp. its a solid guitar for the money. aside from the floyd, its a rather reliable guitar..or at least thats what ive heard.
Quote by DarkLordArthur

You told him.

I don't really know why people seemed to have so much trouble with FR's. I've had one problem, and it actually had nothing to do with the FR. If you know what you're doing, and not some stupid teenager that thinks "their teh ub3r $hr3drrr", then you won't have any problems. Set it up, and maintain it. It's not that hard.
Don't say things about the names or about the ESP being a signature or that kind of stuff, try to say more about the features OF THE GUITARS, whichever amp I have doesn't matter for this thread.
And again, please be OBJECTIVE
I think I'm getting the dinky or the Schecter Damien for the neck/fretboard and the pickups but you can still tell me what you think
Quote by HIM%(^
buy an amp first. trust me..any guitar will sound bad on thing..

This man is right.
Quote by TatarSalad2
You told him.

I don't really know why people seemed to have so much trouble with FR's. I've had one problem, and it actually had nothing to do with the FR. If you know what you're doing, and not some stupid teenager that thinks "their teh ub3r $hr3drrr", then you won't have any problems. Set it up, and maintain it. It's not that hard.

Agreed I had one problem but it was caused by me being a complete idiot about the system.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor