Page 1 of 2
My school is "forcing" us to watch Barack Obamas Innaugeration(sp?)
Quote by happytimeharry
[IMG]http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/characters/JiggleBilly.jpg[/IMG]

Well it's a party in here! Commence the jigglin'!

haha

Witch Hunt
Racist.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
yeah, there forcing politcal ideas on young impressionable minds, politics and how it works is a opioniated thing and its very personal. just cause the principals/teachers beliefs are like that doesnt nessicerily mean they should try to make you like them.
Whatever, it's better than sitting in a classroom doing nothing.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
It's a first in American history. You are making history by being part of the first people to ever witness a black President.

You win.
Quote by convictionless
yeah, there forcing politcal ideas on young impressionable minds, politics and how it works is a opioniated thing and its very personal. just cause the principals/teachers beliefs are like that doesnt nessicerily mean they should try to make you like them.

They're not forcing political idea's on anyone. They're having him watch a goddamn significant moment in United States history and every citizen should see his inauguration.
Meh, they probably just want you to witness something historical. It's like when we hurried on the bus during our trip to the zoo to hear the (first) O.J. verdict on the radio.

EDIT: I'm not comparing the importance of the two events by the way. It's just an example that came to me
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Last edited by terrencemaddox at Jan 15, 2009,
no dude it's awesome

Obama's the next JESUS!

...no seriously, it is a bit stupid...
Quote by RU Experienced?
They're not forcing political idea's on anyone. They're having him watch a goddamn significant moment in United States history and every citizen should see his inauguration.

This...

/thread.

Relax dude, you'll be watching history in the making, what's so bad about that?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
ok well im canadian, idk exactly what their doing but it sounded like they were gonna watch a thing on him talking about political ideas and what hes gonna do with the country, kinda like a press conference but more explaining on what hes gonna do.
I lol at people complaining.

So the new president isn't important?

Of course you should be watching. Its a lesson about the American electoral process.

It is in noway forcing beliefs on anyone, whoever said that is a twat. That doesn't even makes sense. How is watching him get sworn in force views onto someone? Sure, may the view of the camera guy catching this on camera, but it sure ain't a political view.

Edit: Beaten to it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Last edited by TunerAddict at Jan 15, 2009,
Oh no, you're watching history being made. Whatever will you do with yourself? It's better to just close your eyes and say, "NA NA NA NA NA," and pretend nothing is happening then being aware of your surroundings, right? What's the point of following changes in the country, anyway?
I'm a MAN!
who cares...just watch it. you don;t have to learn anything. also i don't get this obama hype. sure he's black and will be the next president but people look at him as a god. like he's done more for the world than every saint and humanitarian put together. he literally has done NOTHING so far. how can anyone judge how awesome he is by the things he hasn't done...
sames things happening at my school. im just gonna chill at home with my camo hat on and play gears 2 all day. im not racist...i just hate democrats.
all hail the nra

(888)

my flame sheild....
Quote by Wesseem
who cares...just watch it. you don;t have to learn anything. also i don't get this obama hype. sure he's black and will be the next president but people look at him as a god. like he's done more for the world than every saint and humanitarian put together. he literally has done NOTHING so far. how can anyone judge how awesome he is by the things he hasn't done...

People don't look at him as a god. Thats just what all the ignorant pricks say when they are trying to bash him. Hey, kinda like you.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
I lol at people complaining.

So the new president isn't important?

Of course you should be watching. Its a lesson about the American electoral process.

It is in noway forcing beliefs on anyone, whoever said that is a twat. That doesn't even makes sense. How is watching him get sworn in force views onto someone? Sure, may the view of the camera guy catching this on camera, but it sure ain't a political view.

Edit: Beaten to it.

this is exactly what those bleedin' heart facist liberals want you to think...

Quit being such a puppet.
Quote by LAMF413
My school is "forcing" us to watch Barack Obamas Innaugeration(sp?)

Inauguration.

Well, I'm a Liberal so I don't understand your anger. But I will say it is history, and I'm sure you'd be happier watching television rather than being in class.
Quote by HIM%(^
sames things happening at my school. im just gonna chill at home with my camo hat on and play gears 2 all day. im not racist...i just hate democrats.
all hail the nra

(888)

my flame sheild....

Another fine example of why idiots should have their right to vote revoked...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by convictionless

Honestly, i don't see how that's forcing their ideas on you. chances are they would've done the same thing had mccain been elected. it's historic anyway, so i don't really think it should be seen as something motivated by an agenda of any sort.
sincerely,
daniel
Actually, I'm not interested in politics at all, but I wish I could go see it. I have class at UNI. You should be happy that you get to get out of class to see something interesting.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I watched the Bush inaguration when I was in school. Grow up, its the swearing in of the most important position in the nation, of course you should watch it.
Quote by HIM%(^
all hail the nra

(888)

my flame sheild....

No one said you were racist. Why did you feel the need to defend yourself?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by mr.happyman
this is exactly what those bleedin' heart facist liberals want you to think...

Quit being such a puppet.

Uber fail.

Are you even making a point? Just sounds like you're spouting bull**** fed to you by political pundits. I'm a libertarian, which is actually farther on the conservative side than the liberal side, but hey, just keep making generalized statements that you can't back up. Good job. Oh wait, quit being such a puppet.

And its nice to know you don't understand what facism is. Plus the fact that you think you can group people into these two different groups when describing Americas population of over 300 million.

Did I say fail already?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict

and of course you don't hate republicans.

this isn't the era of good feelings; the two parties loathe each other right now.
there's obviously friction between republicans and democrats.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by TunerAddict
People don't look at him as a god. Thats just what all the ignorant pricks say when they are trying to bash him. Hey, kinda like you.

actually, people have called him the messhia, for you non christia folk, jesus.

expecially his homecountry, kenya, worships him. lol
Quote by TunerAddict

umm..excuse me?
ok well if i am so ignorant please enlighten me. please tell me of the miraculous things he has done. People do treat him as a god by the way. When he won the election a good chunk of the people cried. More often than not i also hear people calling him a legend. legend for what? for being the next president with black skin? well i guess that is enough for the american public to believe their economy will be saved right? or that he will stop funding Israel's occupation? right?

p.s. if i were american i would have voted for him because i believe in what he stands for, but as of yet he hasn't really done anything.

So if anyone is an 'ignorant prick' it is you.
Quote by TunerAddict

i guess some people are dumber then other when it comes to picking up a joke. of course i don't hate democrats. i go to a very liberal private school. christ. however, I am not pleased with having to watch the United Obanination fiasco on television for an hour and a half and get a saturday restriction if I dont go. If you are desperate enough as to think that some senator is going to step into office and things are going to be any different, i lol at you. So hes black. who cares. he still a piss poor politician who doesnt know where he stands on any issue.
for futher information..just youtube his senatorial race debates against alan keys. two black guys fighting..and barack getting smashed by an african american republican on the topic of gun control.
Ok but we've NEVER had to watch another presidents Inauguration why must we watch this one?
Quote by happytimeharry
[IMG]http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/characters/JiggleBilly.jpg[/IMG]

Well it's a party in here! Commence the jigglin'!

haha

Witch Hunt
I would hope they would show you a presidential inauguration anyway. It is the most historic inauguration to ever take place. I would probably have watched McCain's inauguration...until I saw Palin up there and then I would have to turn it before I threw something through the TV.

Bottom Line: inaugurations only take place every 4 or 8 years, so it is pretty significant when they are going on, and as I said, I think every American should watch an inauguration regardless of the party taking over.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by TunerAddict
Uber fail.

Are you even making a point? Just sounds like you're spouting bull**** fed to you by political pundits. I'm a libertarian, which is actually farther on the conservative side than the liberal side, but hey, just keep making generalized statements that you can't back up. Good job. Oh wait, quit being such a puppet.

And its nice to know you don't understand what facism is. Plus the fact that you think you can group people into these two different groups when describing Americas population of over 300 million.

Did I say fail already?

Sounds like what you're doing, only replace "political pundits" with "libertarian leaders". Can we back off from the spite yet? This it's-your-fault Democrats/Republicans/Gays/Boomers/Immigrants/Janet Jackson's Boob/Youths-are-killing-the-nation rhetoric is part of the problem.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Dude it is history, regardless what you might think about him. I remember on 9/11 we watched the news cover age All day long. It was really to much and we were in middle school and scared.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by HIM%(^
So hes black. who cares. he still a piss poor politician who doesnt know where he stands on any issue.

Someone never looked at his website....

Seriously, the campaign is over. Let's see what he does.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Page 1 of 2