Page 1 of 2
I'm looking for a new guitar. I already have an American Deluxe Strat and a RG2550Z. I play through a GT-10 and a JC120. I'm looking for something with a mahogany body and a maple top with at least a 25 inch scale, preferably 25.5. I had an Epi SG with Dirty Fingers and it sounded amazing. I'm looking for something with a similar sound. Maybe something with a trem. I'm not looking or a metal guitar, just something that's loud and has attitude. I'm looking for something with a conservative shape in a unique color. I will probably change the pickups to a Super Distortion and a PAF Pro. What other options are there besides a PRS?

$2500 is the highest I would go, but cheaper is better, as long as it's amazing quality. I'm currently looking at the PRS Mira's, the lilac and whale blue one in particular. What else is on the market that fits what I'm looking for.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by slorggetti
Although you don't want a metal guitar, I'm going to go ahead and recommend AlumiSonic guitars...

Wouldnt metal make everything screw up if there was ever a change in temperature?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
^Your call, but IMO they play beautifully.
Have you looked into a custom shop Fender?
They fit your description perfectly. Have you ever tried one? How about an Ampeg Dan Armstrong Reissue; the plexiglass one?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Last edited by wolfy808 at Jan 15, 2009,
I know it fits my description perfectly, but it just looks terrible imo. I haven't tried one because I know I would never buy it. Having something that looks good is very important to me, especially if it costs that much. I tried the American Deluxe Strat (mahogany with a humbucker) and it just felt wrong. So fenders are out of the question.
If you haven't eaten something would you not taste it? Seriously.

If not, this Les Paul fits too.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Push-Tone-Electric-Guitar?sku=516469

Music Man Lukather Model?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Music-Man-Ball-Family-Reserve-Luke-Electric-Guitar?sku=518579

It's 24 3/4 scale though.

Try any and all guitars in your price range.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Last edited by wolfy808 at Jan 16, 2009,
well if the epi with the dirty fingers sounded good. why not just stick with that. what is the purpose of buying a 2500 guitar
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
I hated the way the Epi felt. I didn't like the scale, it neck-dove, the neck sucked compared to the others I own, and it just felt weird when I played standing up. I actually upgraded the pickups after I got the strat and only played it maybe 3 times. I just couldn't go back to it. It sounded great but it was a bitch to play for me. I'm not looking for a $2500 guitar, that's my absolute max. I would prefer something that costs less. But I'm not getting anything worse than the strat or RG. So if there's something I don't like about it, I won't buy it. And I know what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for different options besides the Mira.
I'm telling you, just try that Parker out, and you will be sold.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
For that price, it should be drop dead gorgeous. And it's not. I would like to stay at around the $1500 price range, but I'll shell out the extra bucks if I like it enough. I can't get past the looks though. Looking good is just as important as sounding good and playing well for me.
what it lacks in looks it makes up in playability...

but heck, your call...

oh, and if you want a conventional body but with a nice colour.... JS 1000/1600 ? *runs*
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Answer's still no? Go read the 10 commandments of the electric guitar.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I am planning to buy a new guitar I browse the web and found this epiphone limited ed wilshire guitar its price is less cheaper and one of the top seller in the web,do this guitar have a good quality?
Quote by cib13
I am planning to buy a new guitar I browse the web and found this epiphone limited ed wilshire guitar its price is less cheaper and one of the top seller in the web,do this guitar have a good quality?

It's decent.

My rules for guitar buying:

- Never read the reviews on websites like Guitar Center and Musician's Friend unless they seem very intelligent and know what they are talking about, and also go into great depth and detail.

- Never pay attention to the "rating" or "top selling" guitars. In my experience, a lot of them are overrated guitars such as low-end Ibanez RGs or Deans.

If you're willing to go up to $2500 (assuming that's USD?), then you could get a Carvin custom with money left over. www.carvinguitars.com
Commandment #6 and #10 are about buying a guitar because you think it looks good. I'm not buying it because I think it looks bad. Looking good is something that I need. It also has to play well and sound good. I'm not compromising on anything. I'm going to buy a good quality guitar. It's not like I'm picking a Xiphos over the Prestige or a red mim strat over the silver american one. I'm comparing a PRS to a Parker. They're both great instruments. I'm going to end up with a great guitar. The Parker just makes me cringe everytime I see it.
Seriously, guys, i gotta go with JELI on this one. As much as i like the way parker's guitars are shaped, some people can't stand them. The last thing you wanna do is make someone spend a heft amount of money on a guitar that they aren't fully satisfied with. At that price, you don't need to make a compromise of look and quality. You can always get both.
Alright, that's cool too. If not the Parker, then definitely the PRS Mira. Those are great guitars as well.
Gear List:
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
It's not even mahogany. And I don't like sigs. Here's a list of what I'm looking for again:

Mahogany body (maybe with a maple top)
Mahogany set neck (could be bolt on)
2 Humbuckers
Preferably Fixed Bridge (vintage trem is ok)
Preferably 25.5 scale (at least a 25)
$1000-2500
No Sigs
No Ibanez or Fender
Classic look in an interesting color

I'm pretty much looking for a gibson with a longer scale. Someone else must make something similar besides PRS or a Carvin
I can't see how anything could be better than a PRS Custom 24 in green, then.
The Custom 24s are a little out of my price range the way I want it. So far, I'm leaning towards the lilac Mira (bird inlays) or the whale blue maple top Mira (bird inlays and gold hardware). The only thing about PRS is they have a shorter scale length than what I like. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's decent.

My rules for guitar buying:

- Never read the reviews on websites like Guitar Center and Musician's Friend unless they seem very intelligent and know what they are talking about, and also go into great depth and detail.

- Never pay attention to the "rating" or "top selling" guitars. In my experience, a lot of them are overrated guitars such as low-end Ibanez RGs or Deans.

If you're willing to go up to $2500 (assuming that's USD?), then you could get a Carvin custom with money left over. www.carvinguitars.com

ok ill check that website,but can you recommend me some good quality guitars that not more than a thousand USD"?
The schecter c-1 classic is nice.

BC Rich Eagle maybe... Exotic classic assassin as well. I think they have maple necks though.

Epiphone les paul perhaps?

Hhm... there is the Fender Special Mahogany Strat but you don't want a fender...
thanks man!, Ill check those guitars you mention...
I also like fender, but Ill like tele than strat for some reason,anyway fender are to expensive can't afford to get one....
Ok, thanx for your guys help. I think I found a great one that fits what I'm looking for. But the company is new. It's beautiful, fits 80s metal perfectly, and it's very classy. The only thing about it is it only has 1 knob and I use the tone knobs on all of my guitars. Has anyone here played a Paradise Guitar?

http://www.paradiseguitarsusa.com/rose.html
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's not even mahogany. And I don't like sigs. Here's a list of what I'm looking for again:

Mahogany body (maybe with a maple top)
Mahogany set neck (could be bolt on)
2 Humbuckers
Preferably Fixed Bridge (vintage trem is ok)
Preferably 25.5 scale (at least a 25)
$1000-2500
No Sigs
No Ibanez or Fender
Classic look in an interesting color

I'm pretty much looking for a gibson with a longer scale. Someone else must make something similar besides PRS or a Carvin

That's what I'm looking for. Sure, that Paradise doesn't fit all of those things like the bridge and neck. But I could live with that. I like the feel of unfinished necks more, but I was just going for something similar to my SG. I just thought the PRS is a little too "nice." I'll be playing mainly 80s metal type stuff (poison, motley crue, skid row, scorpions). The Paradise would fit the look better than the Mira. The PRS also lacks the 25.5 scale, but the Paradise's neck will feel a lot better. The only thing about it is the Floyd Rose. I've heard floating tremolos suck tone out of a guitar. I've never used one, and I'm a little scared. I have an Ibanez with an Edge Zero and I love it and the set-up is so easy. I'm a little weary of anything different.
Quote by Pac_man0123
The schecter c-1 classic is nice.

This man is smart. From what I can tell the C-1 classic fits all your desires. And although it is less than $1000, Schecter has great quality control. Never played a Schecter, that looked normal, that I didn't like. I haven't tried some of those others with kinda weird body shapes.

But yeah man, the C-1 Classic should work great for you. Or if you want to go used you can find a little something extra. C-1E/A. Discontinued model, but it is great. Semi hollow version of the C-1 classic, but it has a piezo system as well. I would just switch out the humbuckers seeing as how they are duncan designed. And even then that wouldn't put you over a thousand.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
I don't like neck-through guitars. Not the sound I'm looking for. A mahogany body is the most important thing for me. Maple neck-through bodies just don't have that mahogany body tone I'm looking for. Plus, something about shecters doesn't feel right for me. It might be the combination of the neck and frets. I also don't like the look of Shecters. I was considering the Hellraisers a while back when I was looking for a metal guitar, and after that, I decided that Shecters weren't for me.

JF-SH1 - You're name is very similar to mine
Ah. Ok well...

Mahogany body (Solid or Semi hollow?)
2 Humbuckers (any preference as to brand?)
Mahogany Set Neck
25.5" Scale (preference on number of frets?)
Fixed bridge
No Ibanez or Fenders
No Sigs
What do you mean classic look? Strat shape? LP shape? ES-335?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
It definitely has to be a Solid Body. Pickups don't matter because I'll change them to a Super Distortion and a PAF Pro. I might be willing to sacrifice a mahogany set neck for a maple bolt-on. I like how unfinished or satin necks feel more than finished ones. Number of frets doesn't matter, as long as it's 22 or more. Vintage trems are ok, I might be willing to go with a Floyd if I like the guitar enough. By classic look, I mean Strats, LPs, SGs, Jaguars, PRSs. But I don't want something too nice.

These are the guitars I'm looking at right now.
http://www.paradiseguitarsusa.com/rose.html
http://www.prsguitars.com/mira/index.html (or the maple top)
OK well I would say go with the Mira from what you are looking at. Everyone has preferences. I am a schecter fan, amazing guitars. My little bro swears by fender. My best friend loves Peavey.

Have you played the Mira?

I don't really care about who makes a guitar, as long as it plays well, sounds good, and looks good. Those are the 3 requirements. I have a Fender and an Ibanez already and I love them. I just want something different. That Paradise is very similar to an Ibanez, but it's just looks so damn good. I haven't played the Mira yet. I've played other PRS's though. I didn't fall in love with them. I don't really like finished necks and the scale felt funny. But I would be willing to live with it for the mahogany tone. I would probably like the Paradise more, but the PRS is more what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a guitar that sounds like my SG. What I'm looking for and what I like conflict each other. The Mira is more what I'm looking for, and the Paradise is more what I like.
Ok. I would just recommend trying them out. Is there no where around you that has these models?

Page 1 of 2