I'm trying to play this chord now either my fingers just aren't long enough or I'm doing the wrong fingering. I've been trying to play it by putting my pinky on the A with my index on the E and my ring on the D. Is there an easier way to play this?

e
B
G
D 6
A 7
E 4
playing in position 'properly' , that would be the correct way to play it, but you could use your ring on the A, but as you mentioned that your fingers arent long enough, im guessing its the only way YOUR going to play it. Its good practice to use your pinky anyway. Itll make progressing your skill easier in the long run.
Quote by mullet_318
playing in position 'properly' , that would be the correct way to play it, but you could use your ring on the A, but as you mentioned that your fingers arent long enough, im guessing its the only way YOUR going to play it. Its good practice to use your pinky anyway. Itll make progressing your skill easier in the long run.

when I was younger I hated using my pinky, and I made a habit of using my ring instead of my pinky. It kind of limited me in my progression though.

definitely use that pinky as much as you can. tip for getting used to it: put your index finger in the e string 2nd fret, then your pinky on the same string, 5th fret, and practice your pull offs or hammer ons or whatever. that really helped me get used to using my pinky finger.

....I really hate the word "pinky"