Hey guys,
i'm in a bit of a jam... so i have the Digitech Grunge distortion pedal.. and i used to run it with my old walmart type amp to give good heavy sound.. well i just got a Peavey Vyper 15 Watt and its got a ton of effects but my problem is i play alot of songs that go from a distorted overdriven sound to a clean tone in the press of a pedal and u cant exactly do that by turning the knob... so my question is, can i hook my pedal into the amp or will it kill it? like i had a guitar teacher that told me to always play it on the clean setting.. but this comes with like 10 different presets and u push the settings button in to turn on the overdrive... i rele dont wanna blow up my amp.. please help me out
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
"And the light you left remains.." (So far Away, Nightmare, A7X)

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society
Your not gonna blow up anything with a guitar pedal......

I'm trying really hard to keep back the funny comments but, all that aside, your amp will be 100% fine
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Last edited by Ninja Penguin77 at Jan 15, 2009,
Well unfortunately your amp isn't able to use a footswitch so you'll have to use the knob if you want to change sounds on your amp. However you might be able to use your pedal, most of the time modeling amps don't take pedals well but it can't hurt to try, it won't damage your amp or anything.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
It's fine, it'll probably just sound bad though because the Digitech Grunge (I take it that it;s the exact same as the old DOD Grunge?) is a horrible pedal that I'm amazed is still in production after all these years.
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
I'm trying really hard to keep back the funny comments but, all that aside, your amp will be 100% fine

i'm just relaying info i was told by my old guitar teacher, it was basically first thing he told me when i said my amp sounded like crap and said i wanted to get a pedal.... he kept emphasizing "dont have ur pedal on with ur overdrive on becuz ur amp will get screwed and blow up"

Quote by al112987
It's fine, it'll probably just sound bad though because the Digitech Grunge (I take it that it;s the exact same as the old DOD Grunge?) is a horrible pedal that I'm amazed is still in production after all these years.

agreed it is a terrible pedal.. bought it when i was first starting out at guitar.. friend recommended it, and i didnt rele know any better... but we all gotta learn somehow right? lol

Thanks for the feedback guys... figured better safe than sorry..
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
"And the light you left remains.." (So far Away, Nightmare, A7X)

Fav Bands:
1) A7X
2) Burn Halo
3) Stone Sour
4) Disturbed
5) Black Label Society