For some reason my wrench wont unscrew it anymore any chance i might have worn it down or something or should i go and buy a specific tool right now i just use a metric wrench thing it worked for a while. Btw how do i get the strings out after i take the nut off? oh and its a OFR.
I use a line 6 what of it?
Just get it off any way you can, then you can find a replacement. I don't know where you can get the same hex screws, but i've got a different kind of screw, it looks kind of cool:

The strings are pretty easy to get off, same as a normal guitar only you have to loosen the string blocks in the bridge to get that end out - be careful not to lose the these string blocks.
Last edited by Ibbod0 at Jan 16, 2009,
The post kinda confused me but are you sure the wrench is the right size? That could be the problem it could also be that the nut is just really tight and difficult to get off. Most allen wrench sets should have one that would fit I lost the original one and use the one from my dads set right now. You only need to take the string lockers off to change strings they should just come right out after you get the 3 lockers off.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You cranked down on it didn't you when you tightened the pads. Don't need to do that, thumb pressure is enough. No need to put all your strength into it, no wonder its stuck now and by the way you can buy the little screws no problem. I went to a company that sells high quality fasteners and such and got 6 of them for $1. Its an M6 I believe, just gotta get the right length so it wont be too long thats all.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
nah i sent it into the shop recently and they probably cranked it like hell. i normally have it really loose but i decided im just going to block the bridge and save up for a new guitar till i unblock it.
I use a line 6 what of it?
If the shop did it then make them undo it. If they are dumb enough to do that then let them waste their time loosening it up. I would, you paid them money and they didn't do it properly. If they b*tch and complain tell them its their fault and you're not paying to get it fixed.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
If the shop did it then make them undo it. If they are dumb enough to do that then let them waste their time loosening it up. I would, you paid them money and they didn't do it properly. If they b*tch and complain tell them its their fault and you're not paying to get it fixed.

This usually most luthiers are gonna wanna fix mistakes for free. Mine guartees his work for 30 days after completion so if you have any issues he will fix them right away for free for you.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor