I recently learned the song "Mary Janes Last Dance" on bass. I noticed that when I played the tab it sounded right, but when I play along with someone who is playing guitar or the cd the tone sounds a little off. Ive noticed this with other songs like "No Woman, No Cry" also. Anyone have this happen to them or know why?
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
Bass is in tune, tab is highly rated...tone may be an issue
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
Don't assume it is you, guitar players make mistakes too. Often and this happens most with songs that are new to your band, it is a timing issue. A lot of changes occur on off beats or on the last beat of a bar and if you don't move together there can be a brief discord. Many highly rated tabs are 'wrong' as they are somebody elses version of a song which are never meant to be copies of original recordings. Talk to the other band members about anything that isn't working.

you will also find when you play with other musicians that it is very rare for anyone other than the bass player to really listen to what everyone else is doing. It is your job to hold everything together.
I'm trying to find a decent bass tab for "Burning Monk" by Blacklisted.

Anyone hit me up?
Thanks.