Hey, I'm starting year 12 at school this year, and since it's the last year and everything are there anythings I should do to make sure everything goes well for me?
Any study tips, ideas for preperation or anything that i should do that could make the year easier or a lot smoother?

Thanks!
Senior year/year 12 for me was actually rather easy...

Most of the time the teachers seem to be a bit more lenient...however, this may not be the case in your location...so, void where prohibited.
Start a mosh pit during the first assembly

/thread
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Smoke PCP?

If a test tells you to strangle your mother, ignore it.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
All teachers are rapists. You should avoid classrooms at all costs.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
i hate that bitch. even if she is fictional, she bears a disturbing likeness to what rich private school girls really are like.

yes, i am aware she's actually a dude.

oh and take this, it helped me. i think its mostly for NSW but theres a SA forum on there im pretty sure http://www.boredofstudies.org/
Last edited by lp_std at Jan 16, 2009,
wear a different hat everyday
I pressed her thigh and death smiled

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
-John Lennon
Quote by lp_std
i hate that bitch. even if she is fictional, she bears a disturbing likeness to what rich private school girls are like.

oh and take this, it helped me. i think its mostly for NSW but theres a SA forum on there im pretty sure http://www.boredofstudies.org/

She's a bear?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
I remember my grade 12... Oh wait... in Quebec we graduate after grade 11. But yeah last year is pretty chill. Do whatever, and teachers don't care. Actually, many teachers give easier marks, because all the kids are trying to get into College.
Listen very carefully to me. Start your assignments EARLY. You have no idea how much torment and stress you will save if you start them early and try and get them checked by your teacher before the due date. You will thank yourself.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Quote by Unourrit01
do you go to public school? public schools are so randommm.

internet goes to whoever gets the reference

Summer Heights High
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by Unourrit01

I was watching the DVD of it earlier today, incidentally. They were considering filming it at my school but they settled for another one nearby. The funny thing is that I always see people I know as extras and stuff.
Quote by Hot Pants
Listen very carefully to me. Start your assignments EARLY. You have no idea how much torment and stress you will save if you start them early and try and get them checked by your teacher before the due date. You will thank yourself.

This. I used to wait until the last minute to do assignments but in year 12 I started them early and it save a lot of stress and late nights.
don't procrastinate, delete msn messenger and don't procrastinate.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by BrockTandem
I was watching the DVD of it earlier today, incidentally. They were considering filming it at my school but they settled for another one nearby. The funny thing is that I always see people I know as extras and stuff.

Awesome!

On topic... do your homework and such as soon as you get home, to get it out of the way - also while everything is still in your mind - and definately before you go on the pit! If only I had...
Class of '09
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
You may want to look over your original post and see whether you can spot any mistakes with your grammar.

If you can't, you should probably work a little harder on English this year.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
This. I used to wait until the last minute to do assignments but in year 12 I started them early and it save a lot of stress and late nights.

I am the opposite. I started my extension history major work, an assignment that had been given to us 12 months prior that involved research and a lot of work etc etc, not kidding... a WEEK before it was due. I didn't actually start writing the essay until the DAY before it was due.

I was the procrastinator to end all procrastinators. I don't think I finished any assignment before midnight the night prior to the due date, and it almost killed me.

Funny, I still ended up doing pretty well all up.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Last edited by Hot Pants at Jan 16, 2009,
^ depends wat subjects you choose. I enjoyed free periods when i went from year 10 to 11.
I don't think the marks from year 11 counts towards the HSC so I wouldn't worry too much. In NSW only the marks from year 12 counts towards the HSC so that's when you have to pick up your act.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I'm only going to have like 3 classes in grade 12, so it's going to be easy as hell for me. I don't know how it works in Kangarooland, but over here most grade 12 courses are equivalent to first year college courses. For example, Socials 12 is the same material as History 100, except college courses have less bullshit.
year twelve is easier than year eleven.
year eleven is far harder than year 10.

year 13 is the most relaxed year you will ever have (i'm starting this year)
and it's my final year of school.

ohh yeah 25 classes a week usually. I only have 13 a week this year.
study is awesome.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Quote by Unourrit01

summer heights high

but someone probably got it already

and year 11 is much easier than year 10, depending on subjects of course. That's in Victoria though...
Quote by 0RI0N
Remember this: Walk away now and you walk away from your crafts, your skills, your vocations; leaving the next generation with nothing but recycled, digitally-sampled techno-grooves, acid pop, and simpering, saccarine, soulless slush.
Last edited by wombifat at Jan 18, 2009,
First of all, chill out. Don't start uber studying and all that. Pick TEE subjects you are good at. Try to get all Bs.

Straight Bs will get you around 90 TER which is enough to basically do anything. I got all Bs and got 91.3 TER.
even though i would like to agree with most of the people here and say start your assignments early i can't because my assignments only ever turned out any good if i did them with as much pressure on my self as possible. and now i am doing engineering at uni so i guess it works for me. moral of the story....do what suits you and **** everyone else.
Quote by wombifat
summer heights high

but someone probably got it already

and year 11 is much easier than year 10, depending on subjects of course. That's in Victoria though...

Kay cool...
Mainly cause I'm in Victoria
Just listen in class really well.

I didn't do any homework all year and got a UAI of 96 just because I listened and got it right the first time.

Ask questions too.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Whooooo. I'm in year 12 this year as well. I honestly don't want to leave school. Next year I'm going to wake up and be like, "School ti- Wait..." And sit there wandering what to do. I'm scared, to say the least.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
Whooooo. I'm in year 12 this year as well. I honestly don't want to leave school. Next year I'm going to wake up and be like, "School ti- Wait..." And sit there wandering what to do. I'm scared, to say the least.

It's crazy. My brother starts school next week. I don't start anything, it's weird that I kind of miss school as well .
Thankfully in my second last year of highschool (In scotland, so year 5) i'm going to work my arse off to achieve the stuff i want for uni, whic is 4 B's for accountancy and finance.

Give me the ability to piss around next year and just play my bass :P.

However in your case. To get everything prepeared in advance is always a good tip, never leave anything to the last minute i.e. Homework- do 20mins per night on it rather than 2hours on the night before its due in. All this will affect your social life however, so its always good to get a balance. Which is ironic for me because i don't have one .
Quote by b4t3man

oh yeah, i'm feeling the same
every year at our farewell to our graduating class our school captains have always made a speechy about how much they'll miss the school, and every year i brushed it off by saying "thats ages away" or "yeah, but theyre older than us and in a different class", but now it's right now and those people are my age and in my class...