sorry to sound like a n00b but will it hurt my sg if i put one of the string on backwards
Probably as you have to go through the back of the guitar obviously so I dont think it would work with the ball end on the other side it would just fall out I think.

Dont quote me though Ive never owned a guitar that was hardtail
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
ha dude i meant ment the the after you stick the ball end in the tail piece
Quote by BOXTOPS
ha dude i meant ment the the after you stick the ball end in the tail piece

Then how would it be backwards?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
wtf? more info.....
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by devilzdj4
Why would you wanna put your string on backwards???

i did put it on backwards i didint mean too but i did sadly but im allready trying to fix by either cutting it off or redoing it with plyers
Quote by BOXTOPS
i did put it on backwards i didint mean too but i did sadly but im allready trying to fix by either cutting it off or redoing it with plyers

Im still confused as to how in the hell you put it on backwards
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Im still confused as to how in the hell you put it on backwards

Agreed. WTF are you talking about TS? The ball end won't fit through the tuners, so how did you put the string on backwards before cutting them?
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
oh you put the ball end going from closer to the pickups out to farther from the pickups
----------back to the tuners------
ball end 0------string------bridge------|

so it goes around the bridge? if not, idk what you are saying...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Is it that you wound it backwards or what? If its not that I have no clue as TS is being pretty vague about what happened.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
he strung it in reverse so instead of twisting one way to take it higher it actually takes it lower

is that what you mean?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
dude, post a picture, it will help us all. I find it hard to believe that someone that someone would literally put on a thing backwards...
Quote by shampooboy37
he strung it in reverse so instead of twisting one way to take it higher it actually takes it lower

If it's this, then it's OK for alittle while. If it's the low E string that you're doing it with, then I would recommend changing strings because it can cause some extra stress on your nut.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by KrgrHomebrew
If it's this, then it's OK for alittle while. If it's the low E string that you're doing it with, then I would recommend changing strings because it can cause some extra stress on your nut.

yeah, if that's the case ^ change it right away. That cause my nut on my guitar to crack.