Ok so i've been thinking about action on guitars because i was pretty much letting my friend use my Epiphone Les Paul Special II but i've owned the guitar a little over 4 years (was my brothers before yadayadayada) but i've never had it professionally "set up" but I don't know how the action should be. I also play bass and i know that at one point my action was terrible on my P-bass and then got it set up and now it plays amazing but when i got my orange Ibanez the action is too low so when i fret a note i can hear the string buzz from touching the fret above.

Does that make sense? Like how should I know when the action is too high?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
I dont usually go by measurement I go by what feels right to me once the action is in the right place I leave it.

EDIT: Its too high when its uncomfortable or difficult to play and too low when you get alot of buzz
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
ok lol because it feels good but i just wanted to make sure
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
No if it feels go by all means keep it that way action is personal preference I could give you all the measurements for what it should be but It may feel wrong to you.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
ok lol sweet thanks
Yep not a problem always here to help
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112