Page 1 of 2

man these were great i remember when i was in elementary school everyone had them.
Yeah, I like shoes too. Actually, I still have shoes.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
they arent shoes..... they are SOAP shoes..... you grind across **** on them. huge in the 90's
I had basketballs on the heels of my shoes that lit up
it was ****ing awesome
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
I loved soaps. I think you can still buy them actually.
I took free running to a whole new level...
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Quote by Dwardom
I loved soaps. I think you can still buy them actually.
I took free running to a whole new level...

haha yea. so many people had them at our school that they were banned because everyone would always be sliding around school
Quote by Russian1
they arent shoes..... they are SOAP shoes..... you grind across **** on them. huge in the 90's

I remember seeing people that did that as a kid. I was so astonished, and wanted to learn how as soon as possible, but the dream died :frown:
Quote by captainoid
I remember seeing people that did that as a kid. I was so astonished, and wanted to learn how as soon as possible, but the dream died :frown:

yea i used to have a pair. they used to have a store only that sold these with skateboard gear and rails and stuff. i miss mine its hard to find a size 13 shoe let alone SOAP shoe.. none for me now
Lots of people at my school had the shoes with wheels... they were banned by teachers for not being "part of the school uniform"... and the wheels were conviscated (sp?) and given to your parents!
Quote by Rokeman
Lots of people at my school had the shoes with wheels... they were banned by teachers for not being "part of the school uniform"... and the wheels were conviscated (sp?) and given to your parents!

screw heelys. thos sucked. SOAPS was where it was at
Quote by RU Experienced?
Nope, I had those awesome velcro shoe's that would light up when you took a step, and then these for as long as I can remember.

Oh man i remember those.
I used to play with them before bed when the lights were off. My mom would yell at me to put my shoes down. Haha. Good times.

Funny cause I wore Samba's for a good two years. (Don't anymore)

Dude... Are you me?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I read the title of the thread and the first thing that popped into my mind was Pogs... guess I was wrong.
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Quote by RU Experienced?
Nope, I had those awesome velcro shoe's that would light up when you took a step, and then these for as long as I can remember.

I'm still wearing Sambas. Most comfy shoes ever.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
I read the title of the thread and the first thing that popped into my mind was Pogs... guess I was wrong.

oh **** i remember those

i had so many

what were those toys from the 90's that were little hard plastic molded alien things and you hit them with your finger across to knock a bunch of them over?
Soap shoes... as in these?

Edit: .... Arrghh... The guy above me double posted! arrrghh... Oh.. jesus.. cant.. *cough* breath... peanut... stuck... in.. throat.... uh.. god

*fall over, clutching throat*

Oh wait.. I don't even care.. how about that?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Jan 16, 2009,
Shit dude, I remember pogs! I never had those shoes that lit up, but a LOT of kids I know did.
Quote by Julz127
Soap shoes... as in these?

(Invalid img)

Edit: .... Arrghh... The guy above me double posted! arrrghh... Oh.. jesus.. cant.. *cough* breath... peanut... stuck... in.. throat.... uh.. god

*fall over, clutching throat*

Oh wait.. I don't even care.. how about that?

I could get so much done with those.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by NotOneWithNames

Lol thats what I thought too. Pogz ruled so much ass it wasnt even funny
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Memorial for Tech Decks? Those are still hugely popular. They're one thing the local Walmart has a hard time keeping in stock.
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Quote by NotOneWithNames
^^ Mighty Max? Those things kicked ass.

i know th ey had some awesome ****ing mighty max dam those are good

isnt it weird how no toy has really defined the 2000's?????? seriously video games took over for toys. but mighty max kicked nuts.
Quote by Avedas
Damn, Tech Decks and Tamagotchi??

I was a huge fan of Pez...

thats not really a 90's craze
Quote by Russian1
thats not really a 90's craze

I know, but everyone I knew in elementary school had them.
Quote by Russian1
i know th ey had some awesome ****ing mighty max dam those are good

isnt it weird how no toy has really defined the 2000's?????? seriously video games took over for toys. but mighty max kicked nuts.

I beg to differ

Let's Beyblade!

*insert funky guitar riff*
never seen those shoes... but the best thing of them all (and still is pretty damn awesome):

and no, i'm not trying to start an argument about consoles ^^
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by NotOneWithNames

i thought tamagotchi

i usually wear 20 buck shoes, or NZ navy boots

^oh yeh, tech deck was f*ckin awesome, i could ollie over pamela anderson's titties
Last edited by beau05 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by Russian1

I used to have Might Max stuff! I had a skull one that was green but I can't find a picture of it. Then Spiderman had a range like that. I had the one with Doc Oc and the one with Scorpion. I believe the Scorpion one was Spidey's head and the Doc Oc one was the water tower thing. I can't remember but they were awesome. I can't find pics though.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by Canne
never seen those shoes... but the best thing of them all (and still is pretty damn awesome):

*N64*

and no, i'm not trying to start an argument about consoles ^^

Agreed completely. Best console to ever be released, hell they should still be made. I want a brand new line of N64s! I imagine nintendo could make them cheap as chips these days..
Quote by Canne
BIG N64 PIC

Harvest Moon!
**** I haven't played that in years. Last one I played was "It's A Wonderful Life" on the GC.

Yeah I wasn't really into shoes/pez/beyblades etc, and those type of things. I was a proper little gamer nerd. I had all the retro consoles like the sega saturn, megadrive, mastersystem, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, Gameboy Pocket/Colour/Advance/SP, and just, well practically all consoles available really.

Wow, I was such a little geek, but man I had some of my best chilldhood memories, playing multiplayer Tekken/Street Fighter/Marvel Heroes (or w.e it was called) with my brother...
+1 for the Adidas Samba love.

Edit: To add to the toys thing, I randomly searched eBay for Screwball Scramble the other day coz I never actually owned myself as a kid. Picked one up for £1.50, bargain!
Last edited by ChrisN at Jan 16, 2009,
'90's toys were indefinitely the best of all toys...

I have a whole bin of them but I forget at the moment.
I remember I used to have like 40 beanie babies, and I'd pretend they had fights and stuff. :P I was 4/5...
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
I totally had these!
I was the only person I've known to have a pair...

I was awesome.
Quote by Exploit101
I totally had these!
I was the only person I've known to have a pair...

I was awesome.

hell yes
Page 1 of 2