So I've done everything I know to do on my Squier MB-5's neck. I've shimmed it, put a feirly thick washer under the truss-rod nut, and cranked it down as far as I dared. I have light gauge half-rounds on it. After I put the nut under it, the action got down to an acceptable level....but now, two weeks later, it's back up to full height. I can't find a neck that I know will fit it. (22 fret overhang,)

So what options do I have?
Nope, no sig here.
live with the high action, and get a new bass once you can afford it?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
May seem like a stupid question, but have you tried adjusting your bridge?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I had it adjusted right before the neck bowed again, but now that my neck resembles a ski jump there's not much that I know to do with it...

I have two other basses too, but one is a fretless 4-string, and the other is a 4-string acoustic/electric....neither of them sound or feel anything like this one, and neither has a B string.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 16, 2009,
are you sure you turned the truss rod the right way? a neck won't bow like youve described with a fully tightened truss rod
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
That's what I thought too...but it did. It was down to acceptable (not perfect) height at one point, but it pulled back into its bow...I'm afraid the truss rod is stripped.
Nope, no sig here.
take it to a professional?

edit: a non-chain store professional
Last edited by Stingray5 at Jan 16, 2009,
Were you able to scrap enough pennies to purchase a camera?

I'd love to see a picture D:.
Hi.
I have a decent(not great) camera on my phone...I'll get a picture later today.
Nope, no sig here.