Page 1 of 2
Quote by rossalex at the Racer X boards, taken from JEMsite
FIREMAN UPDATE!

Just got off the phone with my friend from NAMM

Ibanez Fireman has a list price of $9333.33

The guitar comes with goodies. Hippie Strap, Bullet cable, and a pair of Extreme Isolation headphones, just like Pauls. My friend said "it played like a dream."

He also found out that one of the reasons it so expensive is because they have to make the guitars in a separate factory, due to the poisonous Korina wood shavings.

There is not an exact number of Firemen going to be made, or at least he doesnt know, but he was told the majority of them will be in the United States.

PICTURES COMING TONIGHT!

Ermm... i know that's expensive and insanely limited in quantity but...

holy crap they're releasing the fireman!!!
pics nao
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
... i don't like it

It just looks a little rediculous to me
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Quote by Adam144
... i don't like it

It just looks a little rediculous to me

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it pretty much an inverted iceman? and who am I thinking of that plays and iceman? Darron something...... Oh well, I guess it'll come to me.
I think it looks better inverted. The Firebird-esque shape that the normal one has neck-dives horribly.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think it looks better inverted. The Firebird-esque shape that the normal one has neck-dives horribly.

Actualy I agree, I like the iceman, but the fireman just looks more natural. Like it's what the iceman is supposed to look like, if you know what I mean.
Quote by david_highland
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it pretty much an inverted iceman? and who am I thinking of that plays and iceman? Darron something...... Oh well, I guess it'll come to me.

Erm.... Paul Gilbert..?

Here's paul with his for those who want to see what it looks like. As far as i know there are no pics yet of the production ones...
(Invalid img)
yeah I agree, there both sort of ugly to me but I prefer the fireman
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
great the way you can change the body shape a small amount and some extras and stick a $9k price tag on, wish i could do that
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12

Images courtesy of Rich at Ibanezrules.com
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jan 16, 2009,
Looks great, but $9k is just way too much. More of a collectors item if anything
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
the Iceman is nicer...
ACtually i'm not too sure.. hmm.. 8-)..

they're both the same ... except teh fireman is way more expensive... XD
whats the purple pedal under it?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
whats the purple pedal under it?

His new signature flanger.

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jan 16, 2009,
im expecting it can do the ADA crazy sound thing thats in Silence before a Deafening Roar
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
im expecting it can do the ADA crazy sound thing thats in Silence before a Deafening Roar

Paul doesn't use that in SFBADR, he uses it in Paul Vs Godzilla and The Rhino if I can recall from the top of my head.
Now we wait for a production model to come out...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'd love a pair of those headphones.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
That Fireman looks nice, its just other inversed models that imo looks kinda bad.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by XianXiuHong
Paul doesn't use that in SFBADR, he uses it in Paul Vs Godzilla and The Rhino if I can recall from the top of my head.

is that not the ADA 25 secs in?
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by david_highland

Your Thinking of Daron Malakian from System of a Down, he played an Ibanez Iceman back around 'Toxicity' era.

Paul Gilbert is the one with the Fireman, yes it's basically an Inverted Iceman, but it was originally custom made for Gilbert, and now they are releasing a Paul Gilbert Signature Fireman, just like the one he had custom made.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Zeds.Ded
is that not the ADA 25 secs in?

That's a violin bow.
It is high-priced because they had to manufacture these guitars in a separate factory due to the poisonous sawdust from the korina.

The Fireman comes with some pretty high-end case candy (free goodies): a Hippie Strap ($99), a pair of Extreme Isolation headphones, and a Bullet Cable cord.

Rich (from Ibanez Rules) posted this on Jemsite, where he says:
“There will be 50 Fireman’s total. 45 SSS for World distribution, 18 to HUSA, and 5 in HH for Japan distribution only, probably by lottery the way they usually do.

Going to top myself
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Bonsaischaap
That's a violin bow.

oh cool, didn't know that!

although at the PG gig a month or two ago he used the flanger to do it, i was right in front of his pedal board definitely sounds different on the recording though
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Last edited by Zeds.Ded at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by Zeds.Ded
oh cool, didn't know that!

although at the PG gig a month or two ago he used the flanger to do it, i was right in front of his pedal board definitely sounds different on the recording though

He occasionally uses the bow live, although I don't think he brought it on the European tour.
I'm pretty sure he's replaced the bow with the flanger recently, I saw his tour supporting Satch and he used the bow, but he seems rto have stopped now.

Anyway, nearly 10k in $ for it!?
That's painful, I want one so bad
I guess I'll have to try to save for a PGM20th instead
Quote by Pac_man0123
Erm.... Paul Gilbert..?

Here's paul with his for those who want to see what it looks like. As far as i know there are no pics yet of the production ones...
(Invalid img)

Yeah dude, I was trying to make a joke...apparantly not very well. and that's the firman not an iceman anyway.
Quote by DeltaFunk
Your Thinking of Daron Malakian from System of a Down, he played an Ibanez Iceman back around 'Toxicity' era.

Paul Gilbert is the one with the Fireman, yes it's basically an Inverted Iceman, but it was originally custom made for Gilbert, and now they are releasing a Paul Gilbert Signature Fireman, just like the one he had custom made.

Yeah dude, joke, it was a joke joke. Take a look at the guy I was replying to.
Oh yes, the chinese are gonna be all over this guitar.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
is that a clear coat on a paul gilbert guitar? i dont obsess over paul gilbert and know of every guitar hes ever played like some on here, but ive never seen him play a guitar that didnt involve paint.

glad he took a step in the classy-direction.
He's gone from Laney to marshall, vintage pickups, lost the 80's colours on his new PGM and has started to use Boutique pedals

Paul's getting old!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
it's so damn expensive... but i like it
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
LP Addict: His PGM 90th was natural (the one with the 25th fret), and he'd actually had the reverse Iceman for a VERY long time (the 2 humbucker one at least, you can see it in the spaceship one DVD) which is natural too (mahogany though I think.)

And Sharpant, yeah Paul's definately getting on, you can just tell in his playing, he's gone from Racer X crazy shred, to a lot of Pentatonic work over the years.
Page 1 of 2