Page 1 of 4
Because there's a BDO thread, and SW is clearly better.
And from reading that thread, I take it a lot of you are going.

Nine Inch Nails,
Alice In Chains,
Bloodhound Gang,
Lamb Of God,
Alkaline Trio,
Billy Talent,
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,
Face To Face,
In Flames,
Rival Schools,
Anberlin,
The Subways,
Every Time I Die,
Devildriver,
Funeral For A Friend,
Less Than Jake,
Poison The Well,
Madina Lake,
New Found Glory,
From First To Last,
Bedouin Soundclash,
Hellogoodbye, Finch,
Goldfinger,
Say Anything,
Chiodos,
Silverstein,
Saves The Day,
Lacuna Coil,
36 Crazyfists,
Straylight Run,
Evergreen Terrace,
Minus The Bear,
Moneen,
Ace Enders,
I Am The Avalanche,
Jaguar Love,
Unearth,
Bayside,
Emery,
Houston Calls,
The Audition,
Attack In Black,
Innerpartysystem,
Valencia,
In This Moment,
The Riverboat Gamblers,
Alesana,
Horse The Band,
Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster,
Dillinger Escape Plan
i went last year, not really much standing out this year
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.
Quote by bloodsugar
Alice In Chains

Oh fuck, don't remind me.

I've wanted to see Alice In Chains since forever, and I couldn't go the times that they were here. And this year, my parents said I could go if they came here. Doesn't look like it'll happen this year.

Fucking Australia and their fucking Soundwave festival.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Great line-up every single year this festival fails due to poor organising, and this years seems to be no exception. The fact that sydney punters didn't know where the festival was going to be until about a week ago (and then they put it way out at ****ing eastern creek, so much for it being "easily accesible from the CBD"), and that the Sydney tickets still haven't recieved by most is ****ing appaling. These guys need to stop spending all their money on a line-up, and start spending at least a little on actually organising a festival, rather than just shoving a bunch of awesome bands together with 25-50 thousand people and running away as fast as they can to avoid confrontation about the obvious problems.

/rant.

tl;dr - Soundwave = great line-up, terrible organising.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Are you high son? Big Day Out has Neil freakin Young, My Morning Jacket, The Drones, TV On The Radio, The Prodigy, The Fantomas and not to mention some form of variety in the lineup. Sound Wave has Nine Inch Nails who are awesome but not worth the price of admission so as far as I'm concerned its an emo fest with a few obvious exclusions.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
Are you high son? Big Day Out has Neil freakin Young, My Morning Jacket, The Drones, TV On The Radio, The Prodigy, The Fantomas and not to mention some form of variety in the lineup. Sound Wave has Nine Inch Nails who are awesome but not worth the price of admission so as far as I'm concerned its an emo fest with a few obvious exclusions.

Big Day Out:
-60,000 drunk bogans waving Australian flags in your face and just being complete dickheads
-No chance of getting close to any bands that you wanna see on the main stages unless you stick to watch whatever 2-3 ****ty bands are playing before them
-All good bands on the first 3 stages, every other stage is a waste of space

Soundwave:
-Decent mix of metal, emo, modern rock, and even some pop-punk
-no more than 30,000 people, who don't tend to be as dickheadish is the BDO-goers
-The good bands are spread out nicely across the day rather than being condensed right at the end to cause chaos
-Nobody has died at Soundwave (sorry but I couldn't let that cheap shot go to waste )

Bottom Line:
If the soundwave organisers picked a better venue, and had more control and just general better organisational skills, then soundwave would be far superior. As for which is better, I think at the end of the day, it depends on the line-up, seeing as both festival are extremely far from perfect, and to be honest, this years BDO line-up is ****ing poor!
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

Quote by Jackolas
^^+1 on the cheap shot ahhaaha. Brisbane is getting ****ed over we don't get any sideshows
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
you think Brisbanes bad? try Perth out of the bands playing BDO very few are doing side shows.
Going to the Alice in Chains sideshow

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by andychalmers102
Big Day Out:
-60,000 drunk bogans waving Australian flags in your face and just being complete dickheads
-No chance of getting close to any bands that you wanna see on the main stages unless you stick to watch whatever 2-3 ****ty bands are playing before them

Soundwave:
-no more than 30,000 people, who don't tend to be as dickheadish is the BDO-goers
-The good bands are spread out nicely across the day rather than being condensed right at the end to cause chaos
-Nobody has died at Soundwave (sorry but I couldn't let that cheap shot go to waste )

Bottom Line:
If the soundwave organisers picked a better venue, and had more control and just general better organisational skills, then soundwave would be far superior. As for which is better, I think at the end of the day, it depends on the line-up, seeing as both festival are extremely far from perfect, and to be honest, this years BDO line-up is ****ing poor!

Meh its all a matter of opinion I suppose personally I'm going to see Neil Young he is one of the greats and I want to get my chance to see him before he gives up or you know dies because he is pretty old no disrespect. As for the lineups themselves I think BDO is pretty strong but then again if you dont like the music why bother eh?
I recommend Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster to everyone, they're absolutely amazing in my opinion.
Except I'm missing all but 10 minutes of Alice In Chains to see their whole set, and I love AIC.
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
Meh its all a matter of opinion I suppose personally I'm going to see Neil Young he is one of the greats and I want to get my chance to see him before he gives up or you know dies because he is pretty old no disrespect. As for the lineups themselves I think BDO is pretty strong but then again if you dont like the music why bother eh?

Yeah I guess it is a matter of opinion, I guess it's just usually at the BDO, there's one huge act, a few fairly popular artists, and then a few dozen that no-one gives a **** about.. while at soundwave there's usually one pretty big act, while the rest of the line-up still consists of bands that are fairly popular in their respective genres.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
I would go if:

1) The tickets weren't so expensive
2) I had friends to go with
3) I had friends to go with to watch LOG and 36 Crazyfists
4) Very, very few of my friends are metalheads and actually do wanna go
Totally going, mainly for AiC and NIN though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'll be at the perth one

Good times ahead
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Quote by davo_333
^^+1 on the cheap shot ahhaaha. Brisbane is getting ****ed over we don't get any sideshows

have you checked the ticketex website recently there alot of bands doing sideshows

im soo shotgun front row for madina lake
DIY timetables anyone?
I've got a few halves in there due to the clashes.

EDIT: lol that's pretty big.
Last edited by bloodsugar at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by bloodsugar
DIY timetables anyone?
I've got a few halves in there due to the clashes.

*big arse timetable*

I'll see you at Alesana, Billy Talent and ETID =D

Probably mine.. I know I have a newer timetable than that, but it's at home and not on work computer =D
eMarried on UG to Brodie337 31/3/2009
I love you =]

Originally posted by Jabman

The proper way to clean up ROFL is to grab a bucket full of STFU and splash it around the area. If any ROFL is left, use a bit of GTFO, that should do the trick.
Last edited by lacedoilee at Jan 22, 2009,
I'll only go to see Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails...

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't notice Finch was on there!
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Last edited by EvilDomo at Jan 22, 2009,
Billy Talent,
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Finch, Straylight Run, Innerpartysystem, Say Anything, Anberlin.
May I please say...holy fuck I wanna go!
The Dudesons and Dirty Sanchez are performing at the Sydney show, was just announced in the third announcement.
They're the official Masters of Ceremonies at all the shows, but it says they're actually performing at the Sydney one.
Quote by bloodsugar
I recommend Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster to everyone, they're absolutely amazing in my opinion.
Except I'm missing all but 10 minutes of Alice In Chains to see their whole set, and I love AIC.

+1274863292356
Dallas is my hero.

Soundwave looks far superior to BDO. I don't know about you guys, but listening to jam bands play for three days is just not very fun (did bonnaroo twice, wasn't nearly as fun as say warped tour or ozzfest.)
Quote by bloodsugar

Nine Inch Nails,
Alice In Chains,
Bloodhound Gang,
Lamb Of God,
Alkaline Trio,
Billy Talent,
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus,
Face To Face,
In Flames,
Rival Schools,
Anberlin,
The Subways,
Every Time I Die,
Devildriver,
Funeral For A Friend,
Less Than Jake,
Poison The Well,
Madina Lake,
New Found Glory,
From First To Last,
Bedouin Soundclash,
Hellogoodbye, Finch,
Goldfinger,
Say Anything,
Chiodos,
Silverstein,
Saves The Day,
Lacuna Coil,
36 Crazyfists,
Straylight Run,
Evergreen Terrace,
Minus The Bear,
Moneen,
Ace Enders,
I Am The Avalanche,
Jaguar Love,
Unearth,
Bayside,
Emery,
Houston Calls,
The Audition,
Attack In Black,
Innerpartysystem,
Valencia,
In This Moment,
The Riverboat Gamblers,
Alesana,
Horse The Band,
Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster,
Dillinger Escape Plan

The only ones I'd really be interested in seeing.
I WILL BUY TICKETS OFF SOMEONE. I've only just found out i can go, but im 90% sure the website is sold out.
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
if i had friends id go
Quote by lufkin
Broom guitar.
The necks so long that theres like 100 frets.
If you wear womens clothes while broom-guitaring its incredible.

Quote by Argonaut
If you don't like bacon then you are either a veggie or some kind of wierd mutant freak.
Quote by Taylz24
I WILL BUY TICKETS OFF SOMEONE. I've only just found out i can go, but im 90% sure the website is sold out.

Whaaaaaaat? Oh man, I kept putting off buying tickets. Then my parents said they'd get me a ticket for my birthday but I'd have to "buy" it. Fuuuuuuuuuu-

EDIT: Just checked, Earlybirds are sold out everywhere, regular tickets aren't. Whew.
Last edited by soulflyV at Feb 2, 2009,
Damnit, I need to get my ticket. I keep putting it off and forgetting to get it. Should be pretty good.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
There's alot of bands I'd really like to see, but with no income to speak of I can't really afford it. Was thinking about going anyway, but the fact that none of my friends would've gone and it's out in the middle of ****ing nowhere clinched it.

Going to the Alice in Chains Sideshow, though.
Last edited by troubletcat at Feb 2, 2009,
Quote by andychalmers102
Big Day Out:

Soundwave:

Bottom Line:

That depends where you go, i went to adelaide and i only saw about three. Literally. Sydney is packed full of em though. Bdo usually has a better line-up, this year was poor.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Lamb of God is worth the ticket price, imo.

I can't wait.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Root beer

Amp:
Randall RG75G3
Marshall 1960 2x12 cab

Pedals:
Crybaby From Hell
Behringer Chromatic Tuner
Boss Acoustic Simulator
I went to Big Day Out (it was my first one) and i was reasonably happy. Shame Neil Young didn't get the reception you'd expect the headlining artist at a festival of that caliber would receive.

I've been planning to go to Soundwave 09 since soundwave 08 finished.

AIC, LOG, Horse, Dillinger Escape... i could go on and on...

Hopefully the organising is better this year with getting people in. Last eyars was atrocious.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Page 1 of 4