Page 1 of 2
So, what is it your favourite pc game as of today. No old games eg Doom, GTA1, Warcraft/Warcraft 2 etc. They have to be of the past 5/6ish years.

Mine would have to be Counter Strike: Source
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
world of warcraft...im so hooked right now, its actually doing bad things to me
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Gear
Taylor 214CE
PRS SE 245, PRS Tremonti Custom
Carvin V3 short stack
Pedals
AMT R2|Morley Mark Tremonti Wah|Mojo Hand Rook|MXR Black Label Chorus|Source Audio EQ|TC-E Flashback, Hall of Fame & Vortex|VFE Enterprise|Way Huge Swollen Pickle
What! Why can't I have old games?

I liked Pac-man. I was so damn good at that game then my little brother put toast in the floppy disk drive and I couldn't play any more.
Quote by Griff_Kid
Oblivion and it's mods = Awsome.

we all know Bethesda screwed up, some people are so easy to please.

best game for me would be resident evil 4, sure pc port sucks but download a texture pack and a few mods, plug in your controller and your good to go

but as a real pc game?

portal, makes me smile every time I play it!

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Last edited by numinis at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by slayer_zero
world of warcraft...im so hooked right now, its actually doing bad things to me

hm yeah been there... it's best to stop whenever you can.

For me, my favorite games would be Starcraft, Counter Strike, Warcraft III TFT, BF 1942... maybe UT 2004. I hope to be able to add Diablo III to the list once it comes out.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I don't care if i can't have old games. Tetris is the best.... Makes me think of cake, and as we all know cake = awesome.
Tetris does ****ing rock...and so di that other one where you had to line up colours instead of shapes.
Well by not including old games, this thread has already failed. Good job.
I guess C&C3 if I had to choose.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by KlassikMetal666
Screw you. Old games are the best.

+ 1

but fave "modern" game has got to be Call Of Duty 2

best shooter ever
i have a list of my favorite games of all time if there are old one, i dont care and GTFO
a lot of older games kick ass.
in no particular order

-oblivion
-stalker shadowf chernobyl
-hitman blood money
-compay of heroes
-company of heroes opposing fronts
-Mafia
-Hidden and dangerous 2
-Fear Series
-Crysis
and Half life 2+ episodepacks and shiz
No old games? Psshhh the best video games are old....Frogger was awesome. That poor dude always needed to cross the road at the worse times. Rush hour traffic isn't good for a frog.
Also, the original Hitman game. Codename 47. Oh, and the first 3 SWAT games (I haven't played the 4th one so I can't judge).
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Team Fortress 2. Well, pretty much everything Valve touches turns to gold.

And Call of Duty 4.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Half Life and all Half Life related products
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by numinis
we all know Bethesda screwed up, some people are so easy to please.

b

qfe

in a related note my answer would be Morrowind.
METAL GEAR SOLID 1, 2, 3, 4 (The whole serie!)

Dead Space

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance II

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Choices, choices. I'm going to have to say BF2, but Morrowind, Half Life and Dues Ex also come close.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by Gulli05
METAL GEAR SOLID 1, 2, 3, 4 (The whole serie!)

Dead Space

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance II

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

PC not PS.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Fallout 1 & 2 owns all of these, up the bum, with a rocket launcher, that fires rocket spikes, in bursts
Quote by goth clash
No old games? Psshhh the best video games are old....Frogger was awesome. That poor dude always needed to cross the road at the worse times. Rush hour traffic isn't good for a frog.

My only real gripe with Frogger is that he couldn't swim...
A Frog that COULDN'T F*CKING SWIM!

EDIT: For the actual question: Old games are the best, being that they are the only ones that work on my PC.
But really modern games? I dunno, Peggle?
Last edited by 3lusiv3 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by JackalUK
Fallout 1 & 2 owns all of these, up the bum, with a turbo plasma , that fires microfusion cells, firing six times per turn with fast shot 10 agility and 2 action boys(There might be one more way you have to speed it up... I'm forgeting)

fixed

I really enjoyed Fallout 1 but is was a little short and the storyline was really choppy in some places.
In Fallout 2, the story was choppy in a lot of places though I think I really enjoyed it just because it was well another fallout.
bioshock is pretty good, so is far cry 2
but im gunna go out on a limb and say garrys mod
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
warcraft 3...easily the best game ever
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by KlassikMetal666

+1 000 000

I think there are loads of really crap games out today, apart from a few good ones like Crysis and COD4.

I recently decided that Unreal Tournament 2004 has some of the best graphics ever, because they look absolutely AWESOME but they have really low system requirements, so the Unreal series is one of my favourites, as well as games like Far Cry, F.E.A.R, Knights of the Old Republic, Half Life 2, Company of Heroes, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, among others. I currently have 92 games, so I have a lot to choose from
Oh yeah, and STALKER, only I had to get a patch which stopped all the old saved games from working, so I have to start over, but I got quite far on it, I got to #1 on the STALKER list

I'm not so big on strategy games anymore though, some are really good, like Company of Heroes, because of the good graphics and the tanks and stuff, but I find that a lot of other ones are just too slow for my liking.

So yeah, nice wall of text for you there
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by GArrigan
bioshock is pretty good, so is far cry 2
but im gunna go out on a limb and say garrys mod

far cry 2, the new one?
you serious? i mean it was playable, but in no way good.
i was bored to tears by the 3rd mission, there is only so much driving you can do ,
and its not even enjoyable driving.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Left 4 Dead
Doom 2
Age of Empires series
Unreal Tournament 3
FIFA 09
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
Grand Theft Auto III

Maybe Grand Theft Auto IV if it didn't have really high requirements and crash a lot.

All I can think of off the top of my head
Aside from the first person shooters made for multiplayer like CS 1.6, Left 4 Dead or TF 2 that I'd normally pick, Mass Effect and NWN 2 for me.

Those games were probably the only non multiplayer fps games that stood out for me in the past 6-8 years and deserve a notable mention.

Mass Effect, while short (main quest length) had lots of lore which drew me in. At first, I thought it'd be boring because I never really played any sci-fi games or even the KOTOR series. But as I played, I took a liking into the dialogue, characters etc which made it quite a fun experience, plus the unlocks and sequel gave the game some replayability.

NWN 2 kind of started off like Mass Effect. I thought it wasn't going to be as good as NWN 1 after hearing complaints and stuff but decided to check it out. Also, playing Hordes of the Underdark didn't help as it gave me more of an attachment to the first series. But as I played along, I took a liking to the characters, expanded my sense of humour and so on. Also, NWN 2 provided different experiences from the first game, a notable one becoming a orator and participating in the Battle of the Bards, making NWN 2 a standout for me. Notice how I didn't mention Mask of the Betrayer. The exansion is very good but I am still butt hurt about what happened to Bishop... =[
oh I would like to add some games

fable
warcraft III
quake III arena
return to castle wolfenstein
wolfenstein 3d
space invaders
pong
bomberman
delta force (yeah, my first multiplayer experience )
moh: aa (the only one I liked tbh)
freedom fighters (was awsome at the time)

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Last edited by numinis at Jan 16, 2009,
Half-Life 2 and the entire series
Team Fortress 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Diablo II
Morrowind

Those games could keep me busy for a lifetime.
Quote by KlassikMetal666

+1

But Medieval II: Total War is one of the best games I've ever played for PC. This and the 14 different WWII games I have.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Page 1 of 2