Page 1 of 5
Who do you think shouldn't have their name on brands of guitars and amps?
My opinion, Herman Li, Sam Totman, Billy Joe Armstrong, Tom Delong, Synester Gates, well im out of ideas.
Remember no flaming
Quote by Horlicks
Keifer Sutherland.

Isn't he an actor?
Man, you should have made a poll: Dave Mustaine or Kirk Hammett

Back to the question: IMO Dave Mustaine deserves to be on your list. He's a great player, but such an endorsement-wh0re! In 10 years he went from Jackson to ESP to Dean. Who knows, next year, he may go to Gibson just because James Hetfield pulled out his old, white Flying V copy...
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by tickler444

Back to the question: IMO Dave Mustaine deserves to be on your list. He's a great player, but such an endorsement-wh0re! In 10 years he went from Jackson to ESP to Dean. Who knows, next year, he may go to Gibson just because James Hetfield pulled out his old, white Flying V copy...

Exacly right, unfortunately i ckicked the mouse to start the thread just as his name came to mind.
Quote by tickler444

What about Amott?
Quote by ShallowEndings
No his a collector of Gibson guitars, according to that website

Yeah, i got that, just little bit confused as few answered Keifer Sutherland.
Quote by plaa
And he's endorsed by gibson?

Yep.
Quote by ShallowEndings
No his a collector of Gibson guitars, according to that website

Gibson also made him a signature guitar.
Quote by Delanoir
Yep.

Gibson also made him a signature guitar.

Well there ya go.

Anybody else think that Dean has gone to far concerning dimebag's guitars? Price, advertising etc
Quote by ShallowEndings
Well there ya go.

Anybody else think that Dean has gone to far concerning dimebag's guitars? Price, advertising etc

umm, the guys from Trivium deserve a sig series, but the paintwork on 'em is hella ugly. That goes for Razorbacks too.

Miley Cyrus definitely doesn't deserve a signature model. I saw one of those abominations in Cash Converters the other day.
Quote by Chorduroy
I think you mean "endorsers". The suffix "ee" makes the word an object; "er" makes it a subject.

Nope.

The Endorser would be the company endorsing the artist. The Endorsee would be the person who is endorsed.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/endorsee

English lesson 4 u.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by Horlicks
Nope.

The Endorser would be the company endorsing the artist. The Endorsee would be the person who is endorsed.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/endorsee

English lesson 4 u.

Nope, because the guy hired to have his name on a guitar and play that guitar is endorsing that product by having it known by his name. He is the endorser and the thing he is endorsing--that guitar--is the endorsee. That is the true English lesson, and sorry but the rules of the language don't bow to idiots who are illiterate.

Quote by Chorduroy
Nope, because the guy hired to have his name on a guitar and play that guitar is endorsing that product by having it known by his name. He is the endorser and the thing he is endorsing--that guitar--is the endorsee. That is the true English lesson, and sorry but the rules of the language don't bow to idiots who are illiterate.

Not correct.

The artist is endorsed by Gibson, the company. The guitar doesn't come into it, at least not in this context.
Guys stop going off topic here please,
I say Herman Li.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
All I can say is - more power to all involved. The artists make a quick buck off of getting their perfect guitar (rather than all of us who have to pay a chunk of cash to get ours) and the brands make profits off of rich collectors and blues lawyer sorts. Really, it's a win win situation, we only complain because we're not in on the cash flow.
Definitely Zakk.
He'd endorse rubber johnnies.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by Horlicks
Not correct.

The artist is endorsed by Gibson, the company. The guitar doesn't come into it, at least not in this context.

You mean a guy whose name is on a guitar line, like the Ibanez Steve Vai line, for example? That sure seems to be what he was asking about:

Quote by ShallowEndings
Who do you think shouldn't have their name on brands of guitars and amps?

In that case Vai is indeed endorsing that guitar; he gets the royalty checks for doing that job of endorsing the JEM. Ibanez isn't paying him for the privilege of endorsing him. They have nothing to gain by doing that, and I already pointed out that the guy earning the money is the employee; the one whose name on a headstock constitutes his endorsement of that instrument and work for the financial gain of the Ibanez company.

Last edited by Chorduroy at Jan 16, 2009,
why do people have this notion of 'deserving' a sig guitar? It's not some badge of honour to respect the artist and all they've achieved.

it's a business scheme to try and make more money. nothing more, nothing less.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
why do people have this notion of 'deserving' a sig guitar? It's not some badge of honour to respect the artist and all they've achieved.

it's a business scheme to try and make more money. nothing more, nothing less.

It also makes your penis bigger
WTLTL 2011
This thread seems like a way for someone to bitch about the fact that they don't get free **** from guitar companies...

I mean, its not like all the people that are mentioned are in fact better than the posters here...That would just be absurd...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
there are way to many Dimebag models. its blown out of all preportion.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Robert_Gray

umm, the guys from Trivium deserve a sig series, but the paintwork on 'em is hella ugly. That goes for Razorbacks too.

Miley Cyrus definitely doesn't deserve a signature model. I saw one of those abominations in Cash Converters the other day.

eurgh too right, trivium have a sig series dont they? the CBV and the MKH

mylie cyrus ew. inter***** superskank. pardon my french.

people like her dont deserve to play a good guitar let alone have their name on one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by MommasHooligan
Who cares? They get free guitars! Kudos to them!

since I'm in a reasonable mood (which is rare), I'd say +1 to this.

Honestly, if you don't like it, just ignore it
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Herman Li....
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Dimeback, there must be atleast a dozen dimeback models
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
i say Zakk Wild for the mere fact that he endorses crap. i mean, all other artists (no matter how much we may not like them) endorse equipment that is respectable and well playing and sounding instrument....but no Zakk Wild endorsements consist of utter balls.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by tickler444

Endorsement *****? You obviously have no idea how many signature **** Zakk Wylde has.
Page 1 of 5