A few years back i broke my nose after being smacked, and it has left my nose a bit wonky. I'm not overly bothered about it, but i've heard that (in the UK at least) doctors can break it again and re-line it.

Firstly, is this true, and does there have to be a time limit for this (i.e. from the time i broke it to the time i got to the doctors), or can it be done whenever?
It can be done.

However, I'd recommend you getting it broke by someone else for free and just having the doctors set it then...

Side note - My nose hurts really bad now...
it's painful, so i'd suggest less legal methods (like K)
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
i broke my nose and my septum deviated. now i can't breath as well out of my left nostril as i used to. i'll probably need surgery eventually.
Quote by mcfreaki
it's painful, so i'd suggest less legal methods (like K)
do they not numb it??!

Quote by Shred Head
Do you really want to re-align it?
well someone offered us to do some modelling, and they commented on it

i'm not too fussed really
Last edited by fender_696 at Jan 16, 2009,
Quote by fender_696
do they not numb it??!

well someone offered us to do some modelling, and they commented on it

i'm not too fussed really

As far as I know they break it surgically, under anesthetic, then it's a relatively simple plastic surgery to realign it. Basically it's just like getting a nose job.

The recovery is no doubt rather painful though since it involves incisions in the nose which is sensitive anyway, and you'll probably have issues with fluid in your sinuses as you recover.

That said, I don't think it's a major procedure and I don't think the recovery time is all that long. Just ask your doc about it
Quote by skaterskagg1
i broke my nose and my septum deviated. now i can't breath as well out of my left nostril as i used to. i'll probably need surgery eventually.

Pretty much the same as me. I broke mine about 8 years ago,and have had problems breathing through it ever since.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!