Hey guys today my Orange PPC212 arrived, and so excitedly I connected it to my amp set the amp to 16 ohms. I turned the amp on, let the tubes warm up and flicked the standby off, but I can't get any sound out of the cabinet, except for hissing and crackling. The last time the amp was used it worked perfectly, so there can't be a fault with the tubes. I'm pretty stumped, but there may be something I've overlooked which is why I posted here, can anyone else help?
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
What, does singing "Moderfukin death, Sat@n is t3h 1337!!" make you feel tough?

Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab
Quote by daryle_goh
have you tried switching your speaker cables? get new ones?

Unfortunately I only have 1 speaker cable atm, so switching isn't possible right now, but only a short while ago when I tried the amp at the person's house who I bought it from the amp and speaker cable worked fine. That was the last time it was used.

Gear:
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab
check all your cables from speakers to guitar u sure ur spkrs r 16 ohm and not 8 jus wondering
Quote by danham
check all your cables from speakers to guitar u sure ur spkrs r 16 ohm and not 8 jus wondering

Yea check the image of the cab from the back, definitely says "120 watts, 16 ohms"

http://www.orangeamps.com/admin/prodimages/PPC212C_back.jpg

thanks anyway man

Gear:
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab
i guess the only way to check is to either borrow a friend's head and hook that up to your PPC or borrow another cab and make sure the amp is fine.

do you have another amp? perhaps your instrument is the one giving problems.
Oh mannnnnn this is so embarassing...you wouldn't guess what I was in such a hurry to try my new cab out that when I replaced the 9v battery in my active pickups on my Schecter, I put the battery in so that the + and - weren't matching -_-....dumbass I know :P. Well at least now I know that the amp and cab are all fine, and btw the Orange PPC kicks ass!

Gear:
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab