http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12863183

I never knew wild venemous spiders could be found in the South of England - you learn something new everyday.

That is some gross shit right there. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight . If you google the spider, you'll find that it is actually venemous.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 16, 2009,
Cumbria is the north of England

Edit: Neither did I though, I thought it was just biting spiders, no venom.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Cumbria is the north of England

Edit: Neither did I though, I thought it was just biting spiders, no venom.

Oh wow, Zero - I have made contact with you. This means I can stop hurting you in the Elimination Game because I know you now

Also - the article mentions that they're apparently found mostly in the South of England

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Aw Harmonius

I hate spiders

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

The 'False widow' spider isn't usualy a deadly biter, it's bite is usualy described as a little worse than a bee sting, but in this particular case the woman unfortunately had an allergic reaction, something that's quite uncommon.
Quote by Harmonius
Oh wow, Zero - I have made contact with you. This means I can stop hurting you in the Elimination Game because I know you now

Also - the article mentions that they're apparently found mostly in the South of England

Victory will be mine! I believe we've spoken before though

Fair do's! Still new to me. I do know there's a venomous snake in UK, but apart from that, it's all badgers and hedgehogs... and stuff.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
They're mainly in the south of england cos its warmer - they come in on ships quite regularly. Not just spiders either

EDIT: and I live in Weymouth, which IS in the south
Quote by zhilla
They're mainly in the south of england cos its warmer - they come in on ships quite regularly. Not just spiders either

yeahhh... my friend got a scorpion in a bag of oranges.
...was bitten by a false widow – or Steatoda Grossa - spider, a purple and black insect that bears a strong resemblance to the deadly black widow, pictured here.

Jeeze... not even msn can get decent writers for their articles.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Shyne
yeahhh... my friend got a scorpion in a bag of oranges.

Well I hope he didn't have to pay for it

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It's a fucking spider for gods sake, why does everyone shit themselves over it?
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
It's a fucking spider for gods sake, why does everyone shit themselves over it?

Exactly... and apart from that it is NOT actually venemous in a deadly way (all spiders are poisonous to different degrees depending on the venom). The problem was that the lady suffered an allergic reaction to the poison. The same thing could happen with a bee sting or even penicillin.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Fair do's! Still new to me. I do know there's a venomous snake in UK, but apart from that, it's all badgers and hedgehogs... and stuff.

Are you saying badgers are harmless?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter

Are you saying badgers are harmless?

The one in the new Postal is even worse.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Man I thought I was safe here away from the box jellyfish, portuguese man of war and whatever else is out there with venom...but no...im not safe in the UK now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Hartman

yeah btw I saw 2 badgers once having a rumble and it was mental...they are far from safe!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Last edited by Andy2k64 at Jan 16, 2009,
Please don't have the pictures on the first page... they're disturbing and make me or other viewers paranoid.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

The only reason she almost died was cause she had an allergic reaction to the venom its not that big of a deal. And there are 122 recongnized species species of Steatoda spiders around the world some of which prey on black widows and other spiders that are dangerous to humans. And for the most part their bites dont have any long lasting effects. And if you are bit it is a less severe form of a black widow bite, although some spiders of the Steatoda genus do have bites that are medically significant to humans. Its nothing to **** a brick about people they are just like most spiders out there.
Quote by rigiddigits

I live in the south of England.

You gonna git bit.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by zhilla

EDIT: and I live in Weymouth, which IS in the south

AND...they are very common around Portsmouth! LOL!

Actually, we do have spiders that are quite venomous (more so than the one in the story), but, their fangs aren't big enough to puncture human skin.
Oh great. Oh well I'm in the North of England so at least I have slightly more protection. Not that I want this to turn into a North>South thread

>.>

<.<

Go Northerners!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
As a fellow Cumbrian and a fellow old lady, I say good on her for not letting the bastard kill her.