Yea, ok, the title doesn't make any sense.

Anyways. I open up the ol' email inbox today, and to my surprise, I have an email from Gibson International saying I've won the online lottery and have won a couple thousand sterling. (whatever that is)
Now being the "glass half empty" guy, I delete this and start talking to my friend online.
He tells me about the exact same email that I got, saying that he got it, and he believed it, and sent all of his personal information.

So long story short: I wasn't scammed. My friend was. Does UG have any similar stories?
I've never been scammed, but I'm expecting $3,821,981 from the Nigerian Bank of Nigeria anytime soon

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Sterling probably refers to pounds sterling, aka english currency.

Your friend needs an education in online safety
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
No, never been scammed. That prince from barbados should be transferring the money any day now...
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
You pussy. It seemed legit
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
To be honest, if someone is under 50 with no mental health issues and fall for this kind of stuff, they deserve to be scammed.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Damn, you are so stupid, when your friend is rich you're gonna be asking him everyday if you can borrow money and he'll just say "well you shouldn't have deleted that email!".
I don't even read that ****, just wonder how it managed to get trough the spam filter in the first place.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
I receive EVERY DAY mails like that, saying that I have won millions of dollas, euros, etc. If all were real now I would be more rich than Bill Gates.
haha i feel sad for your friend, i've only been scammed in games, i got scammed out of full adamant and 100k in runescape when i was 11....i really was crying
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
I find it mind boggling that after all this time, people are still falling for those things.
They're so stupidly and obviously not real.
Maybe your friend is a successful troll?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ChrisN
I find it mind boggling that after all this time, people are still falling for those things.
They're so stupidly and obviously not real.

+1

Surely your friend must have found something suspicious about being offered money over the internet?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by akm_202
haha i feel sad for your friend, i've only been scammed in games, i got scammed out of full adamant and 100k in runescape when i was 11....i really was crying

That might have been me, sorry

Was it the last minute item removal scams? Or the 'trust test' ones?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by akm_202

Yeah, same here..
But this was after I stopped playing runescape and stuff...
But for some reason I felt the need to protect my equip even when I stopped playing

My friend: Hey, since you aren't playing runescape anymore.. can I borrow your account?
Me: Yeah, sure thing..
Friend: Okay, I just need your account pass so this guy can level you up and stuff..
Me: Dude, he's a scammer..

The rest of the story goes he tries to show me that it works...
I convinced him to give a new account to the scammer which obviously got rejected with a note from the scammer which says: "Account's level was too low to perform the 'cheat'"
i got scammed a couple days ago. This guy looked really legit on his myspace because he had all of these t shirt designs and he designed one for my band. He showed me the picture and i then had to send him 50 bucks through paypal and he was supposed to send me the high quality pictures. He hasnt been on his myspace for 2 weeks now :/